Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RS coolant leak at waterpump

Quote Originally Posted by DETROITCANDY View Post
    Old post but I'd thought I'd add my experience for the record:

I had telltale signs of leak very early on it the life of the car but it never left a 'wet spot' in the garage.
    I never joined the dots to diagnose the problem earlier until it really let go in the middle of summer.
    I'd read things online about people saying it was normal to top up with coolant early on in the cars life. Any seeping of the coolant must have evaporated the water and the sticky coolant must have temporarily sealed the leak.
    I am having a similar issue with my 2015 RS. It has always used a little coolant (last 2 years) mechanic (non dealer) has always advised no sign of leak. I recently found the service records before my ownership (2 years) and small loss of coolant is noted as an issue. Warranty expires in 2 months so I think i will take it to the dealer and have them check it out ASAP.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by morgs RS View Post
    I am having a similar issue with my 2015 RS Warranty expires in 2 months so I think i will take it to the dealer and have them check it out ASAP.
    2017 RS here with 23k on the clock. Last month coolant dropped below minimum. I topped it up and again today it is below minimum. It's due for 3rd service in September so will keep an eye on the level till then and have it logged as an issue.

Will be interesting to see what answer you get from the dealer as to your issue with your coolant loss.

Users Country Flag
    It seems that the age old water pump problem still hasn't been sorted by Skoda. My water pump is leaking from the thermostat and has to be replaced. Makes one wonder how long the replacement will last if they are replacing same with same. On top of that my driver electric seat module has failed and has to also be replaced. MY18 and I think about 22K Kms when I first noticed the coolant problem.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by puhleese View Post
    It seems that the age old water pump problem still hasn't been sorted by Skoda. My water pump is leaking from the thermostat and has to be replaced. Makes one wonder how long the replacement will last if they are replacing same with same. On top of that my driver electric seat module has failed and has to also be replaced. MY18 and I think about 22K Kms when I first noticed the coolant problem.
    With the faults like these, I use aftermarket part (if/when available), as the aftermarket can react faster than manufacturers and upgrade the component (material).

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    With the faults like these, I use aftermarket part (if/when available), as the aftermarket can react faster than manufacturers and upgrade the component (material).
    With the 5 year warranty I doubt I will still have the vehicle when the warranty runs out. If I happen to have it longer and the problem reappears then I agree, aftermarket would be the way to go for both quality and price I suspect.

Users Country Flag

Complete pump assy inc ALLOY housing, thermostat, temp sender is ~AUD180 delivered on AliExpress.

The $125 AliExpress OEM style plastic pump I bought in 2016 is still going strong 40k km later
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12