Thread: Paint/Scrape repair - QLD BNE/Sunshine Coast

Users Country Flag

Paint/Scrape repair - QLD BNE/Sunshine Coast

Hi everybody,

Somebody backed into my RS yesterday but was nice enough to let me know they did it - There's some minor damage to the rear bar which will need to be resprayed/touched up.

Does anybody have any recommendations of reputable workshops on the Sunshine Coast or Brisbane? Ideally somebody who has experience with the cars?

Cheers

Users Country Flag
    these guys are good in Brisbane (southside):

Bidgood Smash Repairs - Home | Facebook
    BMW Z4 (2019)
    Audi TT quattro (2015), s-line in Nano Grey - sold

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by raraku View Post
    Hi everybody,

Somebody backed into my RS yesterday but was nice enough to let me know they did it - There's some minor damage to the rear bar which will need to be resprayed/touched up.

Does anybody have any recommendations of reputable workshops on the Sunshine Coast or Brisbane? Ideally somebody who has experience with the cars?

Cheers
    Had the Polo done by Touch up Guy Scott 04138711991 Hes at Nambour and resprayed corner of rear bumper at our place and is a perfect job. Was $250 He repaired and painted and a week later came back and did the clear

We also had a door done by Marcoola Smash repairs in 23 Runway Dr when wife bumped a pillar at the Plaza He fixed the dent which just popped out I think and painted the door $495
    Both jobs cant be detected
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Might want to just check to see if anything was crunched in behind, often with these bumpers they pop back out and look like nothing happened when underneath things might be fairly crushed.

Users Country Flag
    As an aside, Skoda dealer in Melb recently told me they're waiting on new touchup paint from Germany as they found the lead levels exceed Aussie standards.....
    Anyone else heard the same?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by WDF View Post
    As an aside, Skoda dealer in Melb recently told me they're waiting on new touchup paint from Germany as they found the lead levels exceed Aussie standards.....
    As most places would use Aussie sourced paints I dont know why you are worrying.

The factory little touch up tubes may be different though
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by WDF View Post
    Odd as the paints are so soft and easily damaged these days due to them being the better water based/enviro types so wouldn't have thought there is any lead in any paint anymore.