Support VWWC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Octavia vRS CR 2.0 TDI are here now

Octavia vRS CR 2.0 TDI are here now

I saw 8 or 10 press cars lined up today in Canberra. Didn't get to drive them or look inside or under the bonnet or anything.

They are the current (pre 2.5 facelift) version, so they look just the same as the 2.0 TFSI vRS.

So keep an eye out for road tests in the near future.
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Users Country Flag
    Yeah they launched them at Sydney Motor Show
    - Ben

1961 Karmann Ghia Coupé - 1993 Golf Cabriolet - 2006 Golf Comfortline 1.9L TDI
    2008 Jetta 2.0L FSI

With 125kw and 320 odd NM, I would be very interested to see how they perform. Surely being that high in power would bring them pretty close to the 2.0T. I would hate to imagine the front tyre wear though...
    Euro look 2... Mk2 love!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
    With 125kw and 320 odd NM, I would be very interested to see how they perform. Surely being that high in power would bring them pretty close to the 2.0T. I would hate to imagine the front tyre wear though...
    I've driven the 125kw Golf GT Sport. It was a hoot but in a different manner to the 2.0T. Probably a good choice if you like V8s and don't tend to rev the engine a lot.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

I test drove a manual Golf GT TDI (the "old" PD motor) before I chose my vRS. I found it a bit laggy compared with my Transporter 2.5 TDI, and thought it may be better suited to a DSG for around town use (and I generally hate "autos" of any description).

The 2.0 TFSI had a much wider usable power band and greater maximum power so is significantly faster (and in fact seems to have more usable torque than the Golf GT below 1700 rpm as well !). I'm sure at certain speeds and gears the Golf would have quicker acceleration, but what a lot of people neglect to look at is what is the speed available in that particular gear, often a diesel has a significantly lower maximum speed.

From what I've read on the Briskoda forum the CR motors are a very different drive to the previous (PD) motors. See the following link - http://briskoda.net/octavia-ii/octav...-cr-pd/127308/
    Last edited by gregozedobe; 30-10-2008 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Added link to PD vs CR discussion
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

I have also driven the 2.0TDI in 103kw guise and found the 2.0T had much better low down pull due to significantly less lag. Corners I ran in 3rd or 4th in the GTI needed 2nd in the TDI. The 125kw version would be interesting, but would need to be a lot better. I also like the revs...

Oh, and it is 350NM not 320. Bye bye tyres...
    Euro look 2... Mk2 love!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by gregozedobe View Post
    I saw 8 or 10 press cars lined up today in Canberra. Didn't get to drive them or look inside or under the bonnet or anything.

They are the current (pre 2.5 facelift) version, so they look just the same as the 2.0 TFSI vRS.

So keep an eye out for road tests in the near future.
    What happened to this, Skoda still don't offer any 125kw diesel engine in their range let alone the Octavia RS.

Stoney!
    6 Sp Manual 118 TSi
    Colour: United Grey
    Build Date: August 09 Delivery Date: 16th Oct 09
    ODO at last fill: 2555km
    Avg Fuel Cons at last fill: 8.6

Think they are still coming, the dealer I saw the other day didn't have any but thought they would soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney! View Post
    What happened to this, Skoda still don't offer any 125kw diesel engine in their range let alone the Octavia RS.

Stoney!
    Just been released. Not on their website yet.
    Euro look 2... Mk2 love!

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney! View Post
    Like I said, I saw a heap of press cars in Canberra this week, so they should be at dealers soon. The 125Kw TDI motor (PD version) has been available in the vRS in Europe for ages, while the CR version has been out for a few months.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast