Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Octavia vRS CR 2.0 TDI are here now

This is the car I was trying to get info about some months ago. Having failed to get any coherent answer from Skoda AUS (VAG) with regards release date I was prepared to settle for either a 1.8 TFSI or 2.0 ltr diesel Manual wagon.

None in the country and were not prepared to state a price if I ordered one as they did not know what was being deliverd next so did not know how long.

This answer from three different dealers across NSW. Whilst the dealers were polite and extremely accomodating they are being seriously let down by what I can only assume is an incompetent or unwilling importer.

In the end we spent $41k on a Caddy Maxi Life 1.9 TDI Manual that goes suprisingly well and carries an enormous amount of stuff and people whilst still returning stunning economy.

It's really disapointing as the Skoda wagon is streets ahead of any other car that comes close in performance and versatility, just no availability. Thats why we ended up with the Caddy. For our needs nothing else came close with the exception of the Skoda but as I said previously no manual available so the second choice won.

Still havn't given up hope of getting a RS TDI wagon current model.

Two Dogs

I think most of the manufacturers/importers play the same game of not telling anyone anything about new models. Being a cynic I believe that they hope you will settle for a model that is currently available - of course this will sometimes backfire as us customers buy elsewhere in frustration and/or impatience.

Before I bought my Octy I asked VWA about the Golf Pirelli (hi-po GTI) and was told that they have no plans to import this model to Australia. I noticed they have recently started selling them here But I'm very glad I chose the Octy, more room, better ride and more usable performance (the Pirelli has a bigger turbo and therefore significantly more lag).
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Are you sure it has a bigger turbo? I am pretty certain it is the same with a remap. You can get 180 odd kw out of the standard 2.0T engine just with an aftermarket reflash, so it seems odd that VW would change the tractability of the engine for a measly 15kw. The S3 engine has a bigger turbo. All the reviews of the Pirelli I have read dont mention lag. I reckon it is the same.

Two dogs, the 2.0T is a peach of an engine and is pretty economical if driven for economy. If you want performance, it is the engine to have, although the RS TDI will be quick. It just wont rev like a performance car. The caddys arevery cool though. Partner and I drove around NZ for 3 weeks in a camper with a 1.6 over christmas. Great little car.
    Euro look 2... Mk2 love!

I'm pretty sure the Pirelli edition has a different turbo (K04 vs K03), and there are lots of other engine differences too. It is basically a de-tuned Golf Ed 30 or Audi S3 engine (de-tuned "because of the hot conditons in Australia").

I admit I haven't test driven one (I'm no longer in the market for a new car), but others have. If it had the original 177Kw or was chipped then it becomes more attractive, but as it comes to Australia it has lag because of the big turbo, but doesn't get the increased power because it is de-tuned. If you re-map it would be a monster, but bye-bye warranty.

There is some discussion about it here -
    http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65931
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Users Country Flag
    I went to skoda at st leonards today to have a look at what they offer.

I've been very interested in the 1.8 turbo elegance, but unfortunatly they didn't have one, but they did have the RS 125kw diesel. But how can anyone justify the $11,000 price difference between 1.8turbo elegance and 125kw turbo diesel RS, that is absolutely insane. It's even over 3 grand more expensive than the Golf GT sport 125 kw, with less in it than a golf too.

It's a shame too cause its a nice looking car, but I'm not prepared to spend that much money. The 1.8 turbo will have to do me.

And the fact they offer no information on their website or tech specs for the car is a bit slack also.

Stoney!
    6 Sp Manual 118 TSi
    Colour: United Grey
    Build Date: August 09 Delivery Date: 16th Oct 09
    ODO at last fill: 2555km
    Avg Fuel Cons at last fill: 8.6

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney! View Post
    The 1.8 turbo will have to do me.
    I don't think you'll be disappointed with the 1.8, it is a gem of a motor. Good low down torque, revs freely and I'm told it can get reasonable fuel economy as well (if driven gently).

I agree that Skoda seems to be setting their prices a bit high here in Oz. In Europe they seem to be much better value for money (but we do get better std levels of equipment here).

I would have thought that the vRS TDI would have had a fair bit more gear on it as std compared with the Golf GT TDI, I know when I bought mine the vRS petrol had more std equipment than a Golf GTI, and the GTI has more than the GT. You might want to look at standard equipment levels a bit more carefully, and of course the RRP is not what you should be paying for any car these days.

I drove both the 1.8 and the vRS 2.0 TFSI, and preferred the seats and suspension of the vRS, and the (slightly) extra oomph of the 2.0 was a bonus.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney! View Post
    I went to skoda at st leonards today to have a look at what they offer.

I've been very interested in the 1.8 turbo elegance, but unfortunatly they didn't have one,
    It's a shame too cause its a nice looking car, but I'm not prepared to spend that much money. The 1.8 turbo will have to do me.
    Give Michelle Rowland at Wakelings Skoda a call - 02 46281444 F 02 46290177 M 0419 900681.
    She's a very motivated sales person - if your serious, I'm sure she will come & meet you (she's based at Campbelltown). She should have a 1.8T in stock too as she thinks it's a good all-rounder & easy to sell (they had a black '07 demo that was very cheap.)

There's also a dealer on Parramatta Rd (hopeless dealer IMO & there is so much traffic that you can't test drive properly); and another at Penrith.

For the diesels & 2.0T, I found it easier to go to a VW dealer & drive the Golf equivalent.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by gregozedobe View Post
    I saw 8 or 10 press cars lined up today in Canberra. Didn't get to drive them or look inside or under the bonnet or anything.

So keep an eye out for road tests in the near future.
    This road test?

http://www.caradvice.com.au/18407/20...i-first-steer/
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Spoke with Michelle often when trying to get any manual wagon. She worked hard to find something but no luck I'm afraid.

But you are correct she is easy to deal with and was always straight with me. As I said I hope to be in the market again soon, so if I am, I will be contacting Michelle for a deal.

Two dogs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12