Support VWWC

Thread: Octavia Mud Flaps

Users Country Flag

Question Octavia Mud Flaps

Hi All,

Sorry for the newbie question but we've just put a deposit on an MY16 Octavia Style 110TDI sedan with Tech and Comfort packs and Xtreme wheels in Moon White. I would like to get mud flaps provided they look ok, but the accessories brochure I've been able to find doesn't really show much detail. Dealer doesn't seem to know either. Does anyone have an Octavia III with mud flaps that would be willing to post a photo of them for me?

Thanks,
    Karl
    MY18 Passat Alltrack Wolfsberg (white) darkest legal tint (SOLD), 2014 Golf 110 TDI Highline (sold after DM Flywheel issues), now 2021 RAV4 Cruiser Hybrid, 2020 C-HR Koba Hybrid

Try Superskoda
    2007 Golf 2.0 TDI Comfortline DSG/ESP
    MY15.5 Octavia RS Wagon 135TDI, Race Blue, 18" Black Pack, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Auto Tailgate, Panoramic Sunroof

Users Country Flag
    I have a set on my MY16 Ambition Plus wagon - I'll upload a photo tonight when I get home from work.

Octavia Mud Flaps-img_9169-jpg
    Last edited by aware; 15-03-2016 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Uploading photo
    MY16 Octavia Scout 132TSI Premium - denim blue metallic, Tech pack, electric seats, panoramic roof, auto boot, roof racks, mud flaps and rubber mats

Users Country Flag
    Photo is there - I think they actually look good on the car.
    MY16 Octavia Scout 132TSI Premium - denim blue metallic, Tech pack, electric seats, panoramic roof, auto boot, roof racks, mud flaps and rubber mats

Users Country Flag
    Definitely worth fitting especially if you do any dirt roads at all.
    They are small enough not to interfere with ground clearance over speed humps but keep the worst from kicking up on the lower paintwork especially the bigger stones. You still get dirt collecting but there is a big improvement.

I was amused when a relative visited us with his new Grand Cherokee and talked about getting his SUV raised for more ground clearance.
    I could see why when the large mudflaps he had fitted graunched on the lip exiting our driveway.
    Both my Octavia Mk2 and Mk3 with standard 150mm ground clearance and mudflaps never had an issue even with 4 people on board.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for the replies everyone, definitely will be getting the mud flaps.
    Cheers,
    Karl
    MY18 Passat Alltrack Wolfsberg (white) darkest legal tint (SOLD), 2014 Golf 110 TDI Highline (sold after DM Flywheel issues), now 2021 RAV4 Cruiser Hybrid, 2020 C-HR Koba Hybrid

Users Country Flag
    I have a full set of brand new unopened genuines that I never fitted (and dont intend to) that I bought from superskoda.
    If you want to buy them from me i'm in brisbane also and happy to sell (you get it fast and dont get hammered on freight / forex)

$40 for the pair pickup if you want?
    2014 Skoda Ambition Plus 103TSI candy white wagon, 6sp Manual, Tech pack, Panoramic Sunroof, 18's, Colour Maxidot, Comfort BT
    Ordered 07 May 14 (Wk 15), Built Wk 37, Loaded 27/9 (wk 39), Docked 12/11 (wk 46), DELIVERED! 12/12 (end of wk 50 - 7 months + 1 week).

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by GTR27 View Post
    I have a full set of brand new unopened genuines that I never fitted (and dont intend to) that I bought from superskoda.
    If you want to buy them from me i'm in brisbane also and happy to sell (you get it fast and dont get hammered on freight / forex)

$40 for the pair pickup if you want?
    Hi GTR27, I've already requested the dealer fit them, but if they don't manage to I'll be in touch. Do you have the full set front and back?

Cheers,
    Karl

Users Country Flag
    Sorry for delay in reply, been crook as.

Yes have full set, front and back
    2014 Skoda Ambition Plus 103TSI candy white wagon, 6sp Manual, Tech pack, Panoramic Sunroof, 18's, Colour Maxidot, Comfort BT
    Ordered 07 May 14 (Wk 15), Built Wk 37, Loaded 27/9 (wk 39), Docked 12/11 (wk 46), DELIVERED! 12/12 (end of wk 50 - 7 months + 1 week).

Users Country Flag

Resurrecting an old thread - GTR27, do you still have your mudflaps for sale?
    2016 Skoda Octavia 162TSI RS Wagon
    (Race Blue, DSG, Tech pack, Comfort pack, 18" Black pack, panoramic sunroof, auto tailgate)

Previous: 2012 Mazda 6 Diesel // 2001 Subaru Liberty STi // 1991 Subaru Liberty RS Turbo // VK Holden Commodore // Subaru Leone // Mazda RX-808 // Mitsubishi Magna // 1971 Mazda R100 Coupe