Page 1 of 128 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: OCTAVIA III Owners discussion thread

OCTAVIA III Owners discussion thread

What issues have come up for you as a new Octavia III owner? Post your experiences, questions and comments here.

I can start with a question about the PhoneBox. Its the compartment with a sliding cover sitting in front of the gearstick. Some (or all) of these have a feature which boosts signal strength for your phone. How do I knew whether or not mine has this feature?
    Last edited by PassatB6; 25-08-2014 at 04:56 PM.
    MY2014 Skoda Octavia Ambition Plus Wagon, DSG, Capuccino, Tech Pack
    MY 2010 Skoda Scout Manual Silver -traded

Users Country Flag
    98 Octane Fuel in the RS only guys?
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Matt
    2015 Skoda Octavia RS | Combi | DSG | Metallic Grey | Tech Pack, Every Option Except Leather |
    Prev: 2012 VW Polo GTI | 5dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | RCD510 |

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by MJKooLio View Post
    Doesn't require it, but a smart move.
    2014 Skoda Ambition Plus 103TSI candy white wagon, 6sp Manual, Tech pack, Panoramic Sunroof, 18's, Colour Maxidot, Comfort BT
    Ordered 07 May 14 (Wk 15), Built Wk 37, Loaded 27/9 (wk 39), Docked 12/11 (wk 46), DELIVERED! 12/12 (end of wk 50 - 7 months + 1 week).

Users Country Flag
    Auto dimming of the dash / dial lights, I think the car senses whether you are driving in bright condition and brighten up the dash and vice versa. While it works well in reminding me to turn the headlights on so I can see the dials, but in some condition during the day, the dials are too dark to read. Hope there is a way to turn this off

Users Country Flag
    The speakers stop making any noise...On the rare occasion I wanted to listen to some music in the car the speaker decided to call it a day. The entertainment system still function as usual, DVD, HD, Radio still plays but there isn't any noise coming up. I did have issues with static interference from the speakers for the past few weeks, could be related?? Looks like a visit to the dealer.

Also notice a resonance from driver's door area whenever coasting at low speed and holding a gear at around 2-3k rpm (sounds like someone holding a vibrator against your door). Had this one previously with the Tiguan that was never fixed (dealer couldn't be bother investigating), could it be fuel line resonating against the body panel?
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI - SOLD
    2014 Race Blue Octavia RS 162TSI Combi

Check out my leather work ----> http://pedsnro.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by K4neX View Post
    Auto dimming of the dash / dial lights, I think the car senses whether you are driving in bright condition and brighten up the dash and vice versa. While it works well in reminding me to turn the headlights on so I can see the dials, but in some condition during the day, the dials are too dark to read. Hope there is a way to turn this off
    Actually noticed this today. I'm pretty sure I could adjust dash light intensity manually in my last Skoda. Will check tomorrow.
    Last edited by PassatB6; 25-08-2014 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by K4neX View Post
    I think you can set the brightness in the infotainment system.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by MJKooLio View Post
    if it's like my Mk2 1.8tsi, 98ron works out cheaper per km than 95ron & you get more torque down low.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

On my central display unit, it tells you the status of your phones battery and signal strength. It makes no difference to the no. of bars indicating the signal strength whether the phone is in my pocket or in the "phonebox".
    2014 MY14 Corrida Red Elegance Wagon TDI
    2009 MY10 Race Blue RS Wagon TSI 6 sp. manual. (Gone)
    2011 MY12 Yeti 77 TSI DSG.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by PassatB6 View Post
    I think you can set the brightness in the infotainment system.
    Yes you can, but the dials will still dim to pretty much no lights depends on where the sun is shinning.

Page 1 of 128 1231151101 ... LastLast