Support VWWC

Page 100 of 128 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1279

Thread: OCTAVIA III Owners discussion thread

The car has only done 2000kms so hopefully not the battery.

I haven't had the AC on lately, Windows down, fan etc set to around 23C but without the AC on.

I'm in Newcastle so mid 20s at the most.

Just doesn't seem as seamless as the system in my business partners Scout. I might take it to the dealer to be checked out
    Audi S3. Sold
    Golf R. Sold
    Citroen DS3 Dsport. Sold
    2016 Skoda Octavia RS Wagon.

Users Country Flag
    I wasn't thinking of getting one, just curious as to whether such a thing could even work at all. It does annoy me somewhat that there are different power outputs for virtually the same engine though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticality View Post
    Plug and play boxes; no matter how fancy; are far more dangerous than a real ECU tune. Please be careful.
    MY18 Passat Alltrack Wolfsberg (white) darkest legal tint (SOLD), 2014 Golf 110 TDI Highline (sold after DM Flywheel issues), now 2021 RAV4 Cruiser Hybrid, 2020 C-HR Koba Hybrid

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
    I wasn't thinking of getting one, just curious as to whether such a thing could even work at all. It does annoy me somewhat that there are different power outputs for virtually the same engine though.
    It definitely works; it just (usually) tricks the ECU into "seeing" that there is either too low fuel pressure, so it bumps the pressure up even higher; or too low fuel flow, so it pumps abnormal amounts of fuel in; or too low engine temperature, so it tries constantly to put in more fuel to heat the engine up - even if its at operating temperature.
    They are horrible units and all are cause for problems in the future.
    2012 Octavia vRS TDI. Darkside big turbo, 3bar tune, other stuff. 200kW/650Nm.
    1990 Mk1 Cabrio. 1.9 IDI w/ 18PSI.
    1985 Mazda T3500 adventuremobile. 1973 Superbug. 1972 Volvo 144 in poo-brown.
    Not including hers...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ideo View Post
    The car has only done 2000kms so hopefully not the battery.

I haven't had the AC on lately, Windows down, fan etc set to around 23C but without the AC on.

I'm in Newcastle so mid 20s at the most.

Just doesn't seem as seamless as the system in my business partners Scout. I might take it to the dealer to be checked out
    I'll take one for a drive some time soon and see how long the stop/start keeps the engine off whilst its in Drive. I'll let you know.
    Not including hers...

Users Country Flag

My Skoda app

I finally got around to putting my VIN number into the "My Skoda" app (iPhone) but as soon as I do, the app crashes. When I restart it the VIN is not there. Have tried several times. Anyone have this app working?

Cheers,
    Karl
    MY18 Passat Alltrack Wolfsberg (white) darkest legal tint (SOLD), 2014 Golf 110 TDI Highline (sold after DM Flywheel issues), now 2021 RAV4 Cruiser Hybrid, 2020 C-HR Koba Hybrid

Users Country Flag
    First warning light came on today.

Car told me I needed to fill up the washer reservoir!

Just over 2,100kms on it now and I'm extremely happy! (Yes, I don't do a lot of driving - not sailing at the moment due to uni and work commitments so it hasn't had the weekly runs to the Spit yet and Macquarie Uni is only 10kms from home, and it sits in the garage as I'm walking distance to the express bus to the City for at least 3 days a week).
    MY16 Octavia Scout 132TSI Premium - denim blue metallic, Tech pack, electric seats, panoramic roof, auto boot, roof racks, mud flaps and rubber mats

Question

I've had a new RS Wagon since Friday, already done over 1000KMs so far

I have noticed that in Eco (!) and Normal mode, there's a slight oddity with the steering that I haven't noticed in Sport mode.

With a small amount of steering angle going round a constant corner, occasionally the steering wheel goes light for a fraction of a second and the front wheels gain a few more degrees of angle. It's a bit hard to describe. The car has the 18" black pack wheels, and Bridgestone tyres. Could this be 'tramlining', where the wide tyres get 'sucked' into a slight groove in the road and follow it (it would happen on my Elise years ago). Or is it an oddity with the (electric?) power steering? As I said, I've not noticed it when the wheel has more weight in Sport mode. Also, Eco really has a much lighter and less precise feel.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by pjam73 View Post
    I've had a new RS Wagon since Friday, already done over 1000KMs so far

I have noticed that in Eco (!) and Normal mode, there's a slight oddity with the steering that I haven't noticed in Sport mode.

With a small amount of steering angle going round a constant corner, occasionally the steering wheel goes light for a fraction of a second and the front wheels gain a few more degrees of angle. It's a bit hard to describe. The car has the 18" black pack wheels, and Bridgestone tyres. Could this be 'tramlining', where the wide tyres get 'sucked' into a slight groove in the road and follow it (it would happen on my Elise years ago). Or is it an oddity with the (electric?) power steering? As I said, I've not noticed it when the wheel has more weight in Sport mode. Also, Eco really has a much lighter and less precise feel.
    It could be the lane assist if you're not familiar with it, it would be active above 65-70km/h only.
    There will be a green light at the bottom of the MFD display in front of you when it is working. It will work in all driving modes unless stability is switched off I think.

Quote Originally Posted by DETROITCANDY View Post
    It could be the lane assist if you're not familiar with it, it would be active above 65-70km/h only.
    There will be a green light at the bottom of the MFD display in front of you when it is working. It will work in all driving modes unless stability is switched off I think.
    Thanks, I don't believe it was the lane assist as I had been playing with that separately. But it's something to keep an eye on I guess.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticality View Post
    I'll take one for a drive some time soon and see how long the stop/start keeps the engine off whilst its in Drive. I'll let you know.
    Update: Long, long, long time.
    Not including hers...

Page 100 of 128 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast