Thread: Octavia 3 Canton Subwoofer upgrade

Users Country Flag

Octavia 3 Canton Subwoofer upgrade

Hi all - thought i'd post this here also as a public service for members here.

Skoda Octavia Canton Subwoofer Upgrade - Skoda Octavia Mk III (2013 onward) - BRISKODA

Essentially a guy that upgraded the canton sub on his octavia. Good news is now JL have made a dual 8ohm VC sub that effectively becomes a drop in replacement (once you get the pre-made "custom" box from bassier) - so the upgrade is even easier.

Not a cheap exercise (circa $7-800) but pretty much looks factory and give a massive boost. I've ordered the box and the JL from overseas for mine now, so give it a few weeks and ill take some pics of the install. It means you can just use the factory 2 channels to drive the JL. Good for those of us who want a proper bassline to music, without having to rip apart the car to achieve it (which often induces rattles etc). I'm also sound deadening the boot at the same time however, to help with noise.
    2014 Skoda Ambition Plus 103TSI candy white wagon, 6sp Manual, Tech pack, Panoramic Sunroof, 18's, Colour Maxidot, Comfort BT
    Ordered 07 May 14 (Wk 15), Built Wk 37, Loaded 27/9 (wk 39), Docked 12/11 (wk 46), DELIVERED! 12/12 (end of wk 50 - 7 months + 1 week).

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Basser got back to me (I asked about shipping to place the order). The box needs some minor mods to fit a TW3 sub in it. Waiting on feedback on if they can match it for me first.

Going to attempt sound deadening this weekend
    2014 Skoda Ambition Plus 103TSI candy white wagon, 6sp Manual, Tech pack, Panoramic Sunroof, 18's, Colour Maxidot, Comfort BT
    Ordered 07 May 14 (Wk 15), Built Wk 37, Loaded 27/9 (wk 39), Docked 12/11 (wk 46), DELIVERED! 12/12 (end of wk 50 - 7 months + 1 week).

Users Country Flag
    How did you go mate? very keen to do something with mine because its dreadfull
    Polo GTI
    T-Roc R
    Tiguan R

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Sound deadening done. Makes a noticable difference to road noise from the rear.

Basser got back to me, they can supply box, but I have to mod it for TW3. Not particularly hard (a hand router a marker pen and 10 mins time would see it done). So will order box soon, and when shipped over, look how hard the current canton sub is to remove and do that.

Quote Originally Posted by GTR27 View Post
    Sound deadening done. Makes a noticable difference to road noise from the rear.

Basser got back to me, they can supply box, but I have to mod it for TW3. Not particularly hard (a hand router a marker pen and 10 mins time would see it done). So will order box soon, and when shipped over, look how hard the current canton sub is to remove and do that.
    Did you ever go through with the install? Thinking about doing something similar to my Canton rear sub, although if this doesn't work I think i'll just go the basser box, Audio Control LC2i and small amp route.