Support VWWC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: notice how many 2011 models are still in the dealers?

Quote Originally Posted by woofy View Post
    There was an article recently showing Matt Ws release plan this year which had the RS coming here by the end if the year and the Octy mid year.
    The general rule of thumb will be that the new management will scrap that plan and create their own. That's what management does.
    Last I saw published they were talking late 2013 for release of the new model Octavia in Australia with the vRS after that. I guess it depends when RHD production starts and when they get Australian ADR compliance organised. At least the RHD side of things will be answered when new Octavias hit the UK.
    My Škoda photos here

Flickr : Blog

Quote Originally Posted by K1W1 View Post
    The general rule of thumb will be that the new management will scrap that plan and create their own. That's what management does.
    I'm hoping their new plan is far, far superior to the old one. I've read 4th quarter 2013 for the new Octavia here so that they have the whole initial range (liftback, wagon and RS. Scout later). Considering it's bigger and with the existence of the Rapid, what does everyone think it should be priced at and what models should they bring in?
    Mine: Silver 2006 Volkswagen Golf Sportline 2.0FSI 6M (with a sunroof)
    Parents': Candy White 2008 Skoda Octavia RS 2.0TFSI 6M Liftback

Quote Originally Posted by Jake02 View Post
    what does everyone think it should be priced at and what models should they bring in?
    Two levels of trim plus the vRS. That gives 6 vehicles in the Octavia range plus the Scout and you still have engine and gearbox variations within that number.
    Few available options so that there is no reason why dealers can't hold stock. If you want the toys you buy the higher end model if not you take the cheap route with the basics of life and that's about it. Lack of floor stock is what has killed sales imo. Price wise who knows Skoda haven't exactly positioned themselves as a desirable brand so it will be low price I suspect.
    My Škoda photos here

Price wise who knows Skoda haven't exactly positioned themselves as a desirable brand so it will be low price I suspect.
    or even positioned themselves as a brand. and as far as i've seen on this forum people aren't too pleased with their dealings with skoda directly, if they even hear from them at all. is it that hard to hire someone to work on brand awareness and loyalty?
    2012 Yeti 77TSI, Candy White
    ---
    ydad.com.au: musings of a dad growing up - the blog.
    cbay.com.au: photography, video, design - creations.

Last I saw published they were talking late 2013 for release of the new model Octavia in Australia with the vRS after that. I guess it depends when RHD production starts and when they get Australian ADR compliance organised. At least the RHD side of things will be answered when new Octavias hit the UK.
    Did I miss something, has there been a revamp in the Skoda camp locally? That article was about a week ago so not that old.

Quote Originally Posted by woofy View Post
    Did I miss something, has there been a revamp in the Skoda camp locally? That article was about a week ago so not that old.

Matthew Wiesner left Skoda Australia at the end of October 2012.

Currently his Linkedin profile shows him as being "on sabbatical".
    My Škoda photos here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12