Page 356 of 371 FirstFirst ... 256306346354355356357358366 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,560 of 3705

Thread: New Octavia ....when? How Much?

Users Country Flag

Manufacturers generally recommend changing tyres after 5 or 6 years, particularly if kept in storage and not used. In sunlight or wet conditions stored tyres will last a lot less. Always check manufactured date on tyres,particularly less popular sizes or brands. Hope you are enjoying the car
    Skoda Octavia Elegance Combi | metal grey | sunroof | tech pack | comfort pack | auto tailgate | DSG | 132TSI | MY15.5| ICE SCRAPER | delivered 30 July 2015.

Users Country Flag
    Aging ,hardness, grip will also vary with the make up of the tyre. Rubber, silica and other additives. Thus as they say "your milage may vary"
    Skoda Octavia Elegance Combi | metal grey | sunroof | tech pack | comfort pack | auto tailgate | DSG | 132TSI | MY15.5| ICE SCRAPER | delivered 30 July 2015.

Users Country Flag
    Good to see more Skodas popping up in Ballarat - dare I say you and I will be receiving ours at a pretty similar time sharpmarble - where did you buy yours? They might be on the same boat coming over.
    WILLIAMS MARTINI RACING
    2015 Skoda Octavia RS Wagon

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by donweather View Post
    What sorta age are we talking about for them to do this?
    3-5yrs?

I know in Europe the wife's cousins have to throw out their tyres (they run a summer set & a winter set) around the 8 yr mark no matter how much tread they have.

When Australia was getting the massive shipments of 2nd hand tyres, most of them were throw-aways from Europe.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag
    Hi, ordered mine in Geelong, it is on the Tirranna which is currently heading to Baltimore it then stops at 3 or 4 other US ports. Probably offloading a few Golfs. Due Melbourne in mid July if no delays, then 2 or so weeks at Patricks, then the wait for the dealer to get their part done. Have noticed a few more skodas around Ballarat, pity the local vw dealer doesn't do skoda's as well. Just realised I have not seen a VRS in Ballarat, only superbs,ambition/Elegance and today the first of the new Scouts (white).

Users Country Flag
    Nice, I still don't know exactly what boat mine is coming on, should know more this week. I've also ordered through Rex Gorell Skoda in Geelong.

There are at least 2 RS wagons running around town now - a Black one with Black Pack, of which has been seen in the IBM carpark in Mt Helen near where I work, and a White one that has been seen parked at the office supplies store on Learmonth Rd.

Yes there are a few different Skodas running around town now - pretty sure there is a Yeti that resides in my street (or is a visitor frequently in that area). One of my colleagues has the previous generation Octavia Wagon too, and we also have a Superb wagon in the carpark.

Anyway, getting off track a little... hoping the dealer gives me some more info this week about the RS. All fingers crossed.
    WILLIAMS MARTINI RACING
    2015 Skoda Octavia RS Wagon

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by SkodaVIC View Post
    Nice, I still don't know exactly what boat mine is coming on, should know more this week. I've also ordered through Rex Gorell Skoda in Geelong.

There are at least 2 RS wagons running around town now - a Black one with Black Pack, of which has been seen in the IBM carpark in Mt Helen near where I work, and a White one that has been seen parked at the office supplies store on Learmonth Rd.

Yes there are a few different Skodas running around town now - pretty sure there is a Yeti that resides in my street (or is a visitor frequently in that area). One of my colleagues has the previous generation Octavia Wagon too, and we also have a Superb wagon in the carpark.

Anyway, getting off track a little... hoping the dealer gives me some more info this week about the RS. All fingers crossed.
    Ask the dealer to give you the VIN code for your car, this is issued before the car is built. Persevere if the dealer hesitates to give it to you. With the vin code go to the thread "how to track the car you’ve ordered" in the golf forum by ox415 it is an old one but has updated working links. This works for cars that are already loaded and on the manifest, id the ship and with other links on the thread get the ships schedule & live tracking as it sails along.
    Last edited by sharpmarble; 08-06-2015 at 12:16 AM. Reason: spellling

Users Country Flag
    I don't know if others find this, but if I park at a public park or some other public area, that people are next to cars, I find lots of people have a good look at our car, and will often ask questions (what is it?). Lots of people seem interested, and almost no one believes what we paid for the car. I should hit Skoda up for commission!
    2014 Skoda Ambition Plus 103TSI candy white wagon, 6sp Manual, Tech pack, Panoramic Sunroof, 18's, Colour Maxidot, Comfort BT
    Ordered 07 May 14 (Wk 15), Built Wk 37, Loaded 27/9 (wk 39), Docked 12/11 (wk 46), DELIVERED! 12/12 (end of wk 50 - 7 months + 1 week).

Users Country Flag
    The Octavia's are excellent value for money particularly in regards to safety technology (acc,city braking) and cool features like the panoramic sunroof. They also look good as one of my friends remarked "comfy and classy"

Users Country Flag

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by GTR27 View Post
    I don't know if others find this, but if I park at a public park or some other public area, that people are next to cars, I find lots of people have a good look at our car, and will often ask questions (what is it?). Lots of people seem interested, and almost no one believes what we paid for the car. I should hit Skoda up for commission!
    After only two days of driving the RS both my wife and I have noticed the vehicle getting lots of stares.

We were even at our local growers market yesterday and I was talking to our baker about the new vehicle when I got a tap on the shoulder by a gentleman who asked me to come and have a chat about our vehicle. It turns out he owns a 3yr old Superb 135 TDI. He has found it to be faultless; he averages 30000km/yr and fuel usage of 5.6l/100km.

As he travels to Slovakia twice a year he has also visited the Skoda factory and Museum. He spoke about the great pride the workers take in the vehicles they build. As he said, as one of the major employers in Czech Republic and not as heavily unionised as in Germany, the build quality in his opinion is higher than German manufactured vehicles.
    Last edited by parisfrance; 08-06-2015 at 07:07 PM.
    New Arrival: 2015 Skoda Octavia vRS TSI DSG Combi (MY15) | Black Magic Pearl| Tech Pack with RVC | Comfort Pack | 18" Black Turini Wheels | Auto Boot | Panoramic Sunroof | Chrome Pack | Alarm | Extended Warranty Ordered 31/05/14 Collected 6/6/15
    Gone: 2005 Honda Accord Euro | Metallic Silver | 2.4L 4cyl MT

Page 356 of 371 FirstFirst ... 256306346354355356357358366 ... LastLast