Support VWWC

Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: New Nav map available in Skoda update portal

Users Country Flag

Well I have downloaded the P90 file. Currently extracted onto my PC to look.
    I assume I actually need to extract onto an SD then put into the Octavia sd slot and update. Do you need all files - as i doubt teh car will travel overseas in teh near future - neither will I at this point
    Am I missing anything??

If it fails, does it make the current system dead? if so SWMBO will Kill me

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveC28 View Post
    Well I have downloaded the P90 file. Currently extracted onto my PC to look.
    I assume I actually need to extract onto an SD then put into the Octavia sd slot and update. Do you need all files - as i doubt teh car will travel overseas in teh near future - neither will I at this point
    Am I missing anything??

If it fails, does it make the current system dead? if so SWMBO will Kill me
    Yes you need ALL the files It only loads the area you are in. Just unzip it to a 32gb card and stick it in the car it will either work or wont load if you have done something wrong, like deleting files. Wont brick the unit

If on your PC just copy the 2 folders and text file onto the SD card
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    thanks hillbilly

Users Country Flag
    Well I've downloaded from both teh skoda and VW site. Each time I have loaded the Sd card - the system looks and can't find any update. I'm using a brand new sandisk card I bought at JBhifi - Any ideas??

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveC28 View Post
    Well I've downloaded from both teh skoda and VW site. Each time I have loaded the Sd card - the system looks and can't find any update. I'm using a brand new sandisk card I bought at JBhifi - Any ideas??
    Tell us what EXACTLY you have on the SD card and what unit you have in your vehicle Preferably a pic of the face of the MMI

Users Country Flag
    just to confirm, i've downloaded HIGH12_P90_MRM_202045.zip - i now extract the 2 folders and text file directly to a fresh SD card? and this will work for the my15.5 skoda octavia vrs with Columbus system? (i only just got the car but the current version looks like its the 2015 version that came with it..).

does it need to be a specific type of SD? will a microSD plugged into a normal SD sized adapter work(this is how i used to listen to music in my old golf)?
    Last edited by Rednut; 02-04-2021 at 05:11 PM.
    2.0L 6 Speed Mk3 2015 Skoda Octavia vRS 220 Wagon - Current
    2.0L 6 Speed Mk5 2005 Volkswagen Golf TDi - goneski
    2.0L 5 Speed Mk1 1995 Seat Toledo - goneski
    1.6L 5 Speed Mk2 1990 Golf - goneski

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Rednut View Post
    just to confirm, i've downloaded HIGH12_P90_MRM_202045.zip - i now extract the 2 folders and text file directly to a fresh SD card? and this will work for the my15.5 skoda octavia vrs with Columbus system? (i only just got the car but the current version looks like its the 2015 version that came with it..).

does it need to be a specific type of SD? will a microSD plugged into a normal SD sized adapter work(this is how i used to listen to music in my old golf)?
    Did you go through the vehicle and MMI selection and come to that map

If so yes but Im slightly confused by your terminology.

1 download map to HDD
    2 put SD card into computer
    3 EXTRACT the zip file you list above direct to the SD card

You end up with 2 folders Mib1 and Mib 2 and a text file

4 Put SD card in car go down to system information/update and wait.
    4A Sometimes it will find the map without the above step.
    5 45mins later it should be done. You can turn ign off and next time you turn it on update will resume.
    Yes I often use micro SD cards and a good adapter 32gb formatted in Fat32 is enough as map file is 29.6 GB unzipped
    To enter music onto HDD you can only enter 1000 tracks at one time, but can use another card and put another 1000 on if they will fit in space
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 03-04-2021 at 08:35 AM.

Users Country Flag
    I looked through this thread and downloaded from the link from Flipper. When i put my vin into the skoda portal it says there's no updates for it then shows a list of countries and theres no Australia or 'ROW' option. I went to the vw site and theres no skoda options there. Im away from my car till Tuesday so i cant test the version i got till then.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Rednut View Post
    I looked through this thread and downloaded from the link from Flipper. When i put my vin into the skoda portal it says there's no updates for it then shows a list of countries and theres no Australia or 'ROW' option. I went to the vw site and theres no skoda options there. Im away from my car till Tuesday so i cant test the version i got till then.
    Wont be options for a SKoda on a VW site would there. However the maps are identical. they just have different file names.

What MMI do you have in the Skoda??? when you go to the site after it shows the car model it gives a choice of head units. What is the name of yours???

Discover pro, Discover media or what

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Wont be options for a SKoda on a VW site would there. However the maps are identical. they just have different file names.

What MMI do you have in the Skoda??? when you go to the site after it shows the car model it gives a choice of head units. What is the name of yours???

Discover pro, Discover media or what

no luck so far. i just bought this sdcard and formatted it to exFAT as FAT32 wasnt an option on my pc. it errored a few times and said it couldnt format. i plugged it into my work laptop (without a SD->USB adapter and was able to format it successfully. now im getting this error when i try to copy the files onto it from the pc to the SD card.
    Last edited by Rednut; 06-04-2021 at 04:50 PM.
    2.0L 6 Speed Mk3 2015 Skoda Octavia vRS 220 Wagon - Current
    2.0L 6 Speed Mk5 2005 Volkswagen Golf TDi - goneski
    2.0L 5 Speed Mk1 1995 Seat Toledo - goneski
    1.6L 5 Speed Mk2 1990 Golf - goneski

Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast