Support VWWC

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 352

Thread: New Nav map available in Skoda update portal

  1. #341
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Brisbane, QLD
    Posts
    646

    I use the VW portal without VIN.
    P79 is the lastet

    Volkswagen Map & Softwareupdates
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"
    SG-TP-AB RS230 - Timeline

  2. #342
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific Paradise QLD
    Posts
    5,456
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by pjam73 View Post
    Anyone else getting an error on the Update portal? I've been getting it for weeks now. Is it just a bad error saying my car (My16.5) is no longer getting updates, or a system error:

    We are sorry, it is currently not possible to download updates from Update portal. We are working to resolve the problem as quickly as possible. In the meantime, thank you for your understanding.
    Go here Volkswagen Map & Softwareupdates



    download the map ROW79 2019/20 for your MMI and country to your computer Unzip it onto a blank 32GB SD card Shove it in the car and wait

    Its the same map as I used the Skoda one in my Tiguan and it works
    2019 Tiguan 162 R line with DAP & Sound & Vision .White
    Front Dash cam Blackvue 750S and Rear Blackvue DR450GW-HD Dash Cam.
    2010 Polo 77TSI Flash Red, for shopping basket with Blackvue 750S dashcam.

  3. #343
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Canberra, ACT
    Posts
    2,200
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by pjam73 View Post
    Anyone else getting an error on the Update portal? I've been getting it for weeks now. Is it just a bad error saying my car (My16.5) is no longer getting updates, or a system error:

    We are sorry, it is currently not possible to download updates from Update portal. We are working to resolve the problem as quickly as possible. In the meantime, thank you for your understanding.
    i'm getting the same error too now.
    used to b fine until a few weeks ago. seems something is broken.

    as Hillbilly and HPRS230 said - go to the portal link provided and get the maps from there.
    Superb 162TSI MY17; DSG6; Business Grey; Tech Pack; Comfort Pack

  4. #344
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Brisbane, QLD
    Posts
    646
    P85 has been on Skoda portal for some time FYI
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"
    SG-TP-AB RS230 - Timeline

  5. #345
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific Paradise QLD
    Posts
    5,456
    Users Country Flag
    Last post was in October and Yes I got 85 first week of December
    2019 Tiguan 162 R line with DAP & Sound & Vision .White
    Front Dash cam Blackvue 750S and Rear Blackvue DR450GW-HD Dash Cam.
    2010 Polo 77TSI Flash Red, for shopping basket with Blackvue 750S dashcam.

  6. #346
    Hi all, I'm trying to update the maps in my 2015 Octavia RS. Having some difficultly and this is the first time i have had to do this. Read somewhere that can use USB rather than SD card. Dont have a SD slot on my desktop home PC so would like to use a USB if i can.

    Have downloaded files, unzipped and moved Mib1 and Mib2 files to the root directory. Plugged USB into car, but it the system doesnt find find the source files.

    Any tips, of does the USB method simply not work?

  7. #347
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific Paradise QLD
    Posts
    5,456
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by morgs RS View Post
    Hi all, I'm trying to update the maps in my 2015 Octavia RS. Having some difficultly and this is the first time i have had to do this. Read somewhere that can use USB rather than SD card. Dont have a SD slot on my desktop home PC so would like to use a USB if i can.

    Have downloaded files, unzipped and moved Mib1 and Mib2 files to the root directory. Plugged USB into car, but it the system doesnt find find the source files.

    Any tips, of does the USB method simply not work?
    It does if you do it right and you havent You d/load to PC then UNZIPto your USB and it will have 3 files on it not 2 the two you have and a text file
    2019 Tiguan 162 R line with DAP & Sound & Vision .White
    Front Dash cam Blackvue 750S and Rear Blackvue DR450GW-HD Dash Cam.
    2010 Polo 77TSI Flash Red, for shopping basket with Blackvue 750S dashcam.

  8. #348
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Glenmore Park NSW
    Posts
    48
    Users Country Flag
    P88 ROW is available on the Skoda update portal and it d/l without a problem this time round

  9. #349
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific Paradise QLD
    Posts
    5,456
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by puhleese View Post
    P88 ROW is available on the Skoda update portal and it d/l without a problem this time round
    Most who have done it correctly havent had trouble but d/loads have been slow at times and fast at others.
    2019 Tiguan 162 R line with DAP & Sound & Vision .White
    Front Dash cam Blackvue 750S and Rear Blackvue DR450GW-HD Dash Cam.
    2010 Polo 77TSI Flash Red, for shopping basket with Blackvue 750S dashcam.

  10. #350
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Glenmore Park NSW
    Posts
    48
    Users Country Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Most who have done it correctly havent had trouble.
    Not sure how you can download incorrectly :-/

    Interesting that so many had to go to the VW portal to get the previous update.

    I was merely mentioning that the latest update is available and downloaded ok from the Skoda portal.

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
| |