Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: New Nav map available in Skoda update portal

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Smart1 View Post
    Have you unzipped the update, it normally comes in as a zip file and you need to unzip to the root directory of the SD card.
    I thought that too but when I bring it up it only has the option to compress.
    MY16 Candy white Octavia VRS Wagon, sunroof, 19" black pack, tech pack, comfort pack, auto tail gate
    MY12.5 Polo 6R GTI

Evening all,

Our MY14 Elegance was in for a service and I quizzed the Service Manager regarding maps and firmware only to be told 'there isn't one for cars as old as ours!' one word - stunned!
    I guess I should have not used a multi-make dealer!
    2019 Skoda Superb 162kW
    2014 Skoda Octavia Elegance 110Tdi sedan (sold)
    2005 Audi Allroad TDI (sold)
    1968 VW Country Buggy (KO 606)

Quote Originally Posted by lunchboxGTI View Post
    I thought that too but when I bring it up it only has the option to compress.
    The root of the SD card needs to contain two folders - Mib1 and Mib2 - and a .txt file (can't remember the name). That's what you get when you decompress the zip, or if on Windows you get the downloader program to do it for you.

I contacted Skoda yesterday via FB. Was told the maps would be available "1st quarter" of 2017 and to check back late January.

Quote Originally Posted by auditwmba View Post
    Evening all,

Our MY14 Elegance was in for a service and I quizzed the Service Manager regarding maps and firmware only to be told 'there isn't one for cars as old as ours!' one word - stunned!
    I guess I should have not used a multi-make dealer!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitzall View Post
    My MY15 Skoda Octavia Elegance has updated Maps!!

Last Tuesday, I took my vehicle to Brisbane City Skoda
    Contacted Brisbane City skoda to see if they could provide some information that I could take to a local Dealer.

they asked for the details of my car so they could book it in for them to do it, when I explained that I was in Adelaide and bringing my car to brisbane was not an option could they provide me with details that I could provide to a local service center I just got the reply

"Any Skoda dealer a sat nav update and then load the system. "

Skoda HQ aren't much help either as I got the standard reply when i asked about progress on this I just got the automated response
    "I can confirm that your details have been passed onto the department that will be in contact with you once the update is available.

We were asked to provide the details today.

As soon as i have any information i will let you know.

We do appreciate your patience and thank you.

Thank you for contacting ŠKODA Australia."

Not very impressed at the moment, and getting fed up with the systems mispronunciation of simple words like Road and North

Quote Originally Posted by gadget007a View Post
    Contacted Brisbane City skoda .......
    Hi gadget007a (and other lost Octavia drivers!!) , I'm in Adelaide too and have just started the process of trying to get my maps updated (MY15 vRS). I had read this thread prior to my recent service so asked them to look into updating it while I was there, having seen Fitzall's success.

When I put my VIN into the portal I only get the option of ROW2014 (and my car already has ROW 2014/2015), but when I was there they were downloading a later version so I can only think they used a different VIN. Anyway, they were supposed to send it to me on SD but sent it to the wronf address by mistake. Today they are downloading (MRM2017 I think) using a VIN from a superb to try.

Does anyone know if that is likely to work...I got the impression from here that the download is matched to the VIN. Can you use a map downloaded by someone else for there VIN?

Users Country Flag
    I had my MY14 in for a water pump change last week and they said that there were no firmware updates available and that maps cant be updated yet.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    2012 MY11 Cappuccino Superb Elegance, TDI. (Gone)
    2014 MY14 Race Blue Octavia Ambition Plus wagon, TSI, Tech Pack. (Wife's)
    2014 MY14 Cappuccino Octavia Elegance hatch, TDI, Sunroof, Tech Pack, Towbar. (Gone)
    2017 MY18 Lava Blue Superb wagon, 162 TSI, Sunroof, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Cream Leather, Towbar (Mine)

Users Country Flag
    Does anyone know if that is likely to work...I got the impression from here that the download is matched to the VIN. Can you use a map downloaded by someone else for there VIN?

I've offered my SD card to a fellow MY15 owner to give it a try (MRM17). Interested to see your results

Users Country Flag
    In short, no. I've tried and failed.

2012 MY11 Cappuccino Superb Elegance, TDI. (Gone)
    2014 MY14 Race Blue Octavia Ambition Plus wagon, TSI, Tech Pack. (Wife's)
    2014 MY14 Cappuccino Octavia Elegance hatch, TDI, Sunroof, Tech Pack, Towbar. (Gone)
    2017 MY18 Lava Blue Superb wagon, 162 TSI, Sunroof, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Cream Leather, Towbar (Mine)

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Smart1 View Post
    In short, no. I've tried and failed.

Was it for a MY15 vs MY15?
    MY15 Skoda Octavia Elegance Wagon Auto 103TSI
    Magic Black Metallic
    Chrome Pack, Tech Pack
    Feb 2015 Arrival

Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast