Support VWWC

Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Nav map available in Skoda update portal

New Nav map available in Skoda update portal

A new map is available in the portal called MRM 2016/2017. The last version released in Nov 2015 was called ROW 2016, the ROW meaning 'rest of world'. Anyone know what MRM refers to and whether that applies to Australia?
    Skoda Octavia RS Hatch DSG MY16
    Silver, Black/Tech/Comfort packs

Users Country Flag
    Good find. It looks like it could be the right one. When I go to the portal a message says next update is in June 2016. I entered my VIN and it came up with MRM 2016/2017. Last week I installed ROW 2016 as our new car came with ROW 2015/2016. Now for another big download.
    Last edited by stu53; 05-06-2016 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stu53 View Post
    Good find. It looks like it could be the right one. When I go to the portal a message says next update is in June 2016. I entered my VIN and it came up with MRM 2016/2017. Last week I installed ROW 2016 as our new car came with ROW 2015/2016. Now for another big download.
    I still want to know what MRM denotes before installing. I know it's unlikely, but I don't want to risk inadvertently installing a map that isn't for Australia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by manamp27 View Post
    I still want to know what MRM denotes before installing. I know it's unlikely, but I don't want to risk inadvertently installing a map that isn't for Australia.

Is this only for skoda vehicles ?

I'm still waiting for a new one for VW Passat. Should be out soon I believe.

Dan

Users Country Flag
    I will post how the install goes after downlading is complete.
    Octavia Scout 135TDI MY16, Quartz Grey,
    Tech Pack, power seats, panoramic sunroof

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel8810 View Post
    Is this only for skoda vehicles ?

I'm still waiting for a new one for VW Passat. Should be out soon I believe.

Dan

If your Passat has a RNS510 in it this map wont be for yours You can buy a new V9 map off JKU for $199 Copies or links to arent allowed on here. Has been out since April 25th.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    My Octavia never came with the SD for the map, do you need that to be able to update the maps?

Cheers,
    Karl
    MY18 Passat Alltrack Wolfsberg (white) darkest legal tint (SOLD), 2014 Golf 110 TDI Highline (sold after DM Flywheel issues), now 2021 RAV4 Cruiser Hybrid, 2020 C-HR Koba Hybrid

I've just managed to successfully update my Nav Data to the latest release and it all went smoothly. The file does take forever to download and in my case I managed to raise another two children and put them through university by the time all 20.6 GB dropped down through the ether. To be honest though it was perhaps 15 - 16 hours or so.
    I've no idea what the 'MRM' stands for in the file name but this download aside from Australia does indeed include multiple countries again covering a lot of Africa, South America, Middle East, India, Asia and New Zealand........road trip anyone?
    So there you have it. The second update since I took delivery of my Scout last October and aside from the length of time taken was a pain free experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathpete View Post
    I've just managed to successfully update my Nav Data to the latest release and it all went smoothly. The file does take forever to download and in my case I managed to raise another two children and put them through university by the time all 20.6 GB dropped down through the ether. To be honest though it was perhaps 15 - 16 hours or so.
    I've no idea what the 'MRM' stands for in the file name but this download aside from Australia does indeed include multiple countries again covering a lot of Africa, South America, Middle East, India, Asia and New Zealand........road trip anyone?
    So there you have it. The second update since I took delivery of my Scout last October and aside from the length of time taken was a pain free experience.
    Great thanks. Have downloaded the file and will install over the weekend. Like you, this is the second update I will be installing since I took delivery of my MY16 car in Nov2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
    My Octavia never came with the SD for the map, do you need that to be able to update the maps?

Cheers,
    Karl
    I believe so. Best way to determine is to head to the Skoda update portal and enter your VIN. Then you can determine whether your car qualifies for updates - seems to be a bit hit and miss with some cars not eligible.

Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast