Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New Nav map available in Skoda update portal

The headunit is actually different since MY16, so part of me wonders if that is the answer why some get updates and others don't? They may need to port to an older type of file or something that is taking them longer. You would imagine they still will update them.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathpete View Post
    Well here is my link to the download Toaster for what it's worth. Give it a shot and see how you go.

http://infotainment-cdn.skoda-auto.c...extension=.exe
    Thanks. Download expected to take 17 hours!

I'll update you folk if I get anywhere applying it.

Users Country Flag
    Just for fun I followed your link and it has downloaded Has taken about 22 hours at 265KBps If anyone wants it I can put it on a stick for you as its 22 Gigabytes and is a zip file.

Just thought I would try it and as I can download at about 1200KB/s it must be a slow server that its on.
    Am just north of Brisbane
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 09-06-2016 at 08:00 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by woofy View Post
    .... it won't work.
    As predicted, it did not work.

Through a hidden setup menu I was able to browse the SD folder structure from the radio. On many of the folders under /Mib1/NavDB/ the radio acknowledged I had a version delta but stubbornly refused to apply it.

Yep it's all tied in with VIN numbers. I would call up Skoda Australia as they promised to sort this out months back and still not resolved.

Users Country Flag
    Yep, Tried it as well, not surprised that it didn't work; in fact i would have been surprised if it did.
    2012 MY11 Cappuccino Superb Elegance, TDI. (Gone)
    2014 MY14 Race Blue Octavia Ambition Plus wagon, TSI, Tech Pack. (Wife's)
    2014 MY14 Cappuccino Octavia Elegance hatch, TDI, Sunroof, Tech Pack, Towbar. (Gone)
    2017 MY18 Lava Blue Superb wagon, 162 TSI, Sunroof, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Cream Leather, Towbar (Mine)

Users Country Flag
    Confirm it worked on MY16 (Dec 15 build date). Even with a failure when unpacking to the SD card.

I suggest everyone ring Skoda AU and lodge a case.

I've done just that last week, and I gave them a follow up call this morning and told them how disappointed I am that cars delivered today have up-to-date maps and yet my MY15 car has maps that are 2 years old.

They have promised to get back to me with an update by the end of the week.

The more noise we make, the more they may do something about this.

Users Country Flag
    I just successfully updated my maps, downloaded based on the VIN, took a bit over a day. Extracted to a normal SD card and installed, took about 40 min to install. I notice that the ZIP file downloaded has two folders at the top level, MIB1 and MIB2. The largest part is under MIB1.

Cheers,
    Karl
    MY18 Passat Alltrack Wolfsberg (white) darkest legal tint (SOLD), 2014 Golf 110 TDI Highline (sold after DM Flywheel issues), now 2021 RAV4 Cruiser Hybrid, 2020 C-HR Koba Hybrid

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lucki View Post
    I suggest everyone ring Skoda AU and lodge a case.

I've done just that last week, and I gave them a follow up call this morning and told them how disappointed I am that cars delivered today have up-to-date maps and yet my MY15 car has maps that are 2 years old.

They have promised to get back to me with an update by the end of the week.

The more noise we make, the more they may do something about this.
    Good timing I also sent an email to Skoda in the first week of June. After 4-5 days a reply came through stating that "they are currently working on an software update solution". Sounds like there has been little progress since similar assurances earlier in the year.
    Skoda Octavia Elegance Combi | metal grey | sunroof | tech pack | comfort pack | auto tailgate | DSG | 132TSI | MY15.5| ICE SCRAPER | delivered 30 July 2015.

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast