Support VWWC

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New Nav map available in Skoda update portal

Hmm mine came from the factory in Jan with the 2016 but it had said on the portal that a new update was due in June. I've already found local issues that have been around for years that aren't in either so the updates are still years behind. We found the same in the Gold Coast with all the tram lanes. One nice thing about Tomtom even on my phone was user submitted updates kept things on top much more often.

Users Country Flag
    The install went smoothly. None the wiser why it has MRM instead of the previous ROW prefix on the download.

Users Country Flag

Direct link

Quote Originally Posted by manamp27 View Post
    A new map is available in the portal called MRM 2016/2017. The last version released in Nov 2015 was called ROW 2016, the ROW meaning 'rest of world'. Anyone know what MRM refers to and whether that applies to Australia?
    Can someone post the direct link to this map. Previous direct links have looked something like this:

http://infotainment-cdn.skoda-auto.c...ps/nnnnnnn.zip

Thanks

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by toaster View Post
    Can someone post the direct link to this map. Previous direct links have looked something like this:

http://infotainment-cdn.skoda-auto.c...ps/nnnnnnn.zip
    "
    Thanks
    If you Google "Skoda Portal" you will find it You have to insert stuff before you get to the map page.

We cant do it for you.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag

Process

The stuff I need to insert is my VIN. The back end of the portal then figures out which map to download. It then gives me a link to downloader.exe with a parameter indicating to it which map it should download.

In my case for my MY15 Scout, i get this link from the Portal:

http://infotainment-cdn.skoda-auto.c...extension=.exe

Once I click it, downloader.exe runs and the title bar of app changes to a direct path to the zip. In my case that is:

http://infotainment-cdn.skoda-auto.c...W_NT_Q1.14.ZIP

I can kill downloader.exe and still download the map directly by clicking the link to zip. My problem is the direct link is to an old file, thus my post asking for a direct link to the new file, which is the topic of this thread.

So what I am asking is for someone, who can download this new map, to read the URL from the titlebar of downloader.exe and post it here.

Unless I'm reading it wrong, you aren't subscribed to get a new update right? Which is why it's giving you the older file? The files are linked to VIN so even if you were to get someone elses link it won't work. Try calling Skoda Oz, they were supposed to sort this mess out and still haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by woofy View Post
    Unless I'm reading it wrong, you aren't subscribed to get a new update right? Which is why it's giving you the older file? The files are linked to VIN so even if you were to get someone elses link it won't work. Try calling Skoda Oz, they were supposed to sort this mess out and still haven't.
    I agree. Someone tried this last time after I provided the direct links and it still doesn't work. Unless your VIN matches up with the update it will not work. My Scout is MY16 which seems to make all the difference. Skoda hasn't got around to helping those with older cars yet.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathpete View Post
    I agree. Someone tried this last time after I provided the direct links and it still doesn't work. Unless your VIN matches up with the update it will not work. My Scout is MY16 which seems to make all the difference. Skoda hasn't got around to helping those with older cars yet.
    You are are probably right, I just figured that the new file name meant change, which meant an opportunity to hack and maybe get it working.

Quote Originally Posted by toaster View Post
    You are are probably right, I just figured that the new file name meant change, which meant an opportunity to hack and maybe get it working.
    Well here is my link to the download Toaster for what it's worth. Give it a shot and see how you go.

http://infotainment-cdn.skoda-auto.c...extension=.exe

Users Country Flag

That would have been me and no doubt would be the same this time. I could try it again with this version to confirm but I wouldn't hold my breath on it working.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    2012 MY11 Cappuccino Superb Elegance, TDI. (Gone)
    2014 MY14 Race Blue Octavia Ambition Plus wagon, TSI, Tech Pack. (Wife's)
    2014 MY14 Cappuccino Octavia Elegance hatch, TDI, Sunroof, Tech Pack, Towbar. (Gone)
    2017 MY18 Lava Blue Superb wagon, 162 TSI, Sunroof, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Cream Leather, Towbar (Mine)

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast