Support VWWC

Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: New Nav map available in Skoda update portal

Quote Originally Posted by gadget007a View Post
    Just had a call from Skoda Australia (Suzee Nader was the persons name) and they have confirmed that there is an update available for Pre MY16 vehicles. Unfortunately this will be an update that has to be performed by the dealership and the comment was made that future updates would also have to be done at the dealerships, only my16+ vehicles (ie cars with factory MIBII units) will be able to use the portal.
    Are you talking about a pure map data update, or a media system firmware update? There was some talk in this thread back in October about calls from customer service saying there would be a big system update at the end of November. Not sure if that was crossed wires or not...

Users Country Flag
    The update attempt on my car was 2 weeks back. Truly hope it gets resolved.

Interesting as Suzee was saying that this particular update hasn't been released to dealers yet, perhaps your dealership was a beta site for this update. she did say that there were some issues and they have now been resolved.
    Walking Contradiction...

MY15 Skoda Octavia vRS 162 Race Blue Combi

Users Country Flag
    I believe this is a software and map update

Users Country Flag
    That might explain why my long term fuel consumption got reset by the update...

I believe this is a software and map update
    MY18 Passat Alltrack Wolfsberg (white) darkest legal tint (SOLD), 2014 Golf 110 TDI Highline (sold after DM Flywheel issues), now 2021 RAV4 Cruiser Hybrid, 2020 C-HR Koba Hybrid

Users Country Flag
    Down loading now 2 hr 32 mins to go . Im on 100 mbit NBNso maybe that makes a difference ? Will load tomorrow and see how it goes.
    2018 Superb Sportline 206 Moon white sedan
    2018 Kodiaq Sportline moon white Diesel ( Wifes car)
    2016 Octavia wagon VRS Race Blue, black & tech pack (Sold 08/19)
    1966 Alfa Romeo Gulia Sprint gt 105

Nope makes no difference, I'm on 115mbjt cable and took overnight.

Users Country Flag
    Down load was just shy under 3 hours but the unpack was longer, go figure? anyway install was flawless.
    2018 Superb Sportline 206 Moon white sedan
    2018 Kodiaq Sportline moon white Diesel ( Wifes car)
    2016 Octavia wagon VRS Race Blue, black & tech pack (Sold 08/19)
    1966 Alfa Romeo Gulia Sprint gt 105

Oh yeah forgot about the unpack. It has all the world maps on it which is the issue.

Users Country Flag
    this just in from Skoda:

"Thank you for your email.
    We have been advised that the update will now be implemented in the next 8-9 weeks.
    The update that was released recently had some minor issues which will need to be rectified before being released to our customers.
    We do understand that this has been an inconvenience to our customers and we do appreciate your patience.
    I have your details on file and will contact you once the update is available.
    Thank you for contacting Volkswagen Group Australia."

not looking promising.

Users Country Flag

Just had a call from Skoda Australia (Suzee Nader was the persons name) and they have confirmed that there is an update available for Pre MY16 vehicles. Unfortunately this will be an update that has to be performed by the dealership and the comment was made that future updates would also have to be done at the dealerships, only my16+ vehicles (ie cars with factory MIBII units) will be able to use the portal.
    Apparently this update will be shipped out to dealers within the fortnight so I guess that they will be busy doing updates to vehicles after that.
    I've been chasing map updates for 18 mths (MY15 Skoda Octavia Elegance Wagon) on a monthly basis, always being told that it's nearly ready etc etc. The car came with 14ROW

Finally today, my dealer had the car for 6 hrs and 16/17ROW has successfully loaded. Now it will be interesting to see if I can update them via the Portal in June 2017.
    MY15 Skoda Octavia Elegance Wagon Auto 103TSI
    Magic Black Metallic
    Chrome Pack, Tech Pack
    Feb 2015 Arrival

Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast