Support VWWC

Thread: MY21 Octavis vRS Stage 1 Upgrade

Users Country Flag

MY21 Octavis vRS Stage 1 Upgrade

Hi all,
    My first post to this forum and am hoping someone can help.

I had a MY19 GTI and used Superchips Bluefin unit to upgrade the engine to Stage 1. Unfortunately when I tried to use the Superchip unit to upgrade my new Octavia vRS (same engine) the unit couldn't get through the Skoda CPU firewall - and yes, I had Superchip in UK look at this after they reset the handset, and their advice was "sorry, can't help. Skoda have modified their CPU and we can't get in yet."

I've since tried a few other software solutions such as APR, 3Bar and Revo with no luch. The Revo guys plugged in and said the same thing as Superchip.

My question is does anyone out there know if there is a solution or do I need to wait till someone cracks the CPU firwall?
    Thanks in advance for any help or advice, cheers.
    Bob B

Users Country Flag
    The Gen IV MY21 Octavia RS is obviously brand new with a brand new ECU and obviously most/all places haven't been able to crack the ECU yet. Give it a few months and im sure they will figure it out and you will be able to get it tuned. The tuning companies will be playing with the Mk8 GTI and R and the Octavia RS will no doubt be covered by this development.

If you are desperate for more power in the meantime, you could try the Burger Motorsports JB1 or JB4 tuning box, which work well on the previous generation EA888 engine like your previous GTI. These may work on your Octavia. Or the Chiptuning box. Both of these can be removed and sold if you sell the car or decide to get a proper tune in the future.

Burger Tuning

Chiptuning VW GOLF VIII 2.0 GTI 245 HP | +56 HP Performance
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 23-07-2021 at 11:55 AM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

This is apparently well known at present in the tuning circles. Just give it some time for them to crack it.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Smile Thanks for the feedback people, very much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob2035 View Post
    Hi all,
    My first post to this forum and am hoping someone can help.

I had a MY19 GTI and used Superchips Bluefin unit to upgrade the engine to Stage 1. Unfortunately when I tried to use the Superchip unit to upgrade my new Octavia vRS (same engine) the unit couldn't get through the Skoda CPU firewall - and yes, I had Superchip in UK look at this after they reset the handset, and their advice was "sorry, can't help. Skoda have modified their CPU and we can't get in yet."

I've since tried a few other software solutions such as APR, 3Bar and Revo with no luch. The Revo guys plugged in and said the same thing as Superchip.

My question is does anyone out there know if there is a solution or do I need to wait till someone cracks the CPU firwall?
    Thanks in advance for any help or advice, cheers.
    Bob B
    Thanks to all those who responded to my querie. after reading I'm now confident that the usual tuning houses will eventually sort this out and upgrade then. I've since installed a K&M sports air filter and a larger turbo inlet elbow and hose, which has made a slight (positive) difference - didn't worry about the turbo exhaust delete...
    Cheers guys

Hi Guys,
    Anyone know where the ECO is located in a new MY21 Octvia?
    Bob

Hi Guys,
    Anyone know where the ECU is located in a new MY21 Octvia?
    Bob

Users Country Flag

MY21 Octavis vRS Stage 1 Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Bob2035 View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Anyone know where the ECU is located in a new MY21 Octvia?
    Bob
    Check under the bonnet next to the battery - thats where the ECU is located on the previous generation.

Last edited by Lucas_R; 09-08-2021 at 09:10 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler