Thread: Mk III vrs battery replacement

Users Country Flag

Mk III vrs battery replacement

Just a basic one from a forum irregular. Looks like we need the second battery replacement on our 6 year old/70,000 km VRS already. Car wouldn't start 3 weeks ago and the NRMA guy said it should be alright after some long drives, but it still hesitates on start and flashes the 12 volt battery low message sometimes and remote keyless entry has stopped working.

I don't know much about cars TBH. If I have to wear 3 year battery life because of start stop system and making short trips, OK, but is 3 years about normal on these cars? Might affect when I decide to sell it also.

NRMA just quoted $403 to come and replace the battery. Was just wondering if anyone rates NRMA well or thinks I could get a better deal or better battery elsewhere. Thanks.

Users Country Flag
    TSI or TDI?

Genuine Varta – 000 915 105 FC (EFB+ Start-Stop)
    Genuine Varta – 000 915 105 CC (AGM Start-Stop)

Or use your part number on your existing battery and cross reference against aftermarket Varta / Bosch / Delkor / Century / Excide etc.

Just ensure the batter get's coded to the vehicle after installation also (easily done with VCDS / OBDeleven).

Let us know how you go!
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag

Mk III vrs battery replacement

My brother just replaced the battery this week in his Skoda Yeti.

We used the SuperCharge MF66HSS. Its $299 +$20 postage from The Battery Hub in Sydney.

I have the same battery in my Mk7 Golf GTI so I recommended it to him. Its an AGM battery so suitable for stop/start systems.

Just bear in mind that using stop/start will kill your battery much more quickly than if you disabled the start/stop feature.

And yes, new battery needs to be coded to the car so its knows battery type and capacity etc - im coding the one for my brother tomorrow with the Carista OBD dongle.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for the tips. Much appreciated.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyzer View Post
    Thanks for the tips. Much appreciated.
    Just saw this for the mf66hss if not already bought $289 and free delivery Sydney wide

SuperCharge MF66HSS AGM Battery (DIN65LH-AGM) - Mighty Batteries

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by puhleese View Post
    Just saw this for the mf66hss if not already bought $289 and free delivery Sydney wide

SuperCharge MF66HSS AGM Battery (DIN65LH-AGM) - Mighty Batteries
    That's a good price. Probably the cheapest price you will pay for a reasonable quality AGM battery in Australia.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Guyzer View Post
    Just a basic one from a forum irregular. Looks like we need the second battery replacement on our 6 year old/70,000 km VRS already. Car wouldn't start 3 weeks ago and the NRMA guy said it should be alright after some long drives, but it still hesitates on start and flashes the 12 volt battery low message sometimes and remote keyless entry has stopped working.

I don't know much about cars TBH. If I have to wear 3 year battery life because of start stop system and making short trips, OK, but is 3 years about normal on these cars? Might affect when I decide to sell it also.

NRMA just quoted $403 to come and replace the battery. Was just wondering if anyone rates NRMA well or thinks I could get a better deal or better battery elsewhere. Thanks.
    First battery in mine lasted 5 years and it only died when the Mrs flattened the battery by leaving the ignition on. replaced original with a Bosch unit for $299.

if I do a lot of short trips I do connect a battery charger up and give the battery a top up from time to time.