Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mini Melbourne Skoda meet and cruise down black spur and reefton spur this saturday?

Users Country Flag

Mini Melbourne Skoda meet and cruise down black spur and reefton spur this saturday?

Hi guys, I'm planning to take my RS down to black and reefton spur this saturday for the first time and was wondering if any Skoda boys would like to join me for a meet and greet and cruise?

Details as follows:

Where? Burwood Kmart parking lot or TBA based on preferences and where people are coming from?
    When? this saturday 12/3 11am (could be made earlier or later depending of peoples preferences)
    To? Black spur and reefton spur

I can't make it but from somebody who rides those roads a dozen or so times a year.
    I would suggest you meet somewhere closer to the spurs so you are less likely to loose people in the traffic before you get to the driving area.
    Go up the Reefton Spur (from Warburton to Marysville) then back over the Black Spur (finish at Healesville). It's a much better direction for riding and driving.
    If you have time divert up to Lake Mountain and back.
    You will be on the spurs right in the middle of motorcycle peak hours so that means very loud, very fast idiots on two wheels overtaking you when they shouldn't and coming at you on the wrong side of the road plus a Police presence on unmarked bikes and with radars hidden in the bush. Both spurs are continuous white lines virtually from start to finish but that doesn't seem to stop some idiots front treating the road as a race track unfortunately.
    If you want a route just say so and I'll give you a Google map of the best way from eastern Melbourne to Healesville.
    Last edited by K1W1; 10-03-2011 at 07:13 PM.
    My Škoda photos here

Flickr : Blog

Another excellent road is the Chum Creek Road from Toolangi to Healesville. Head through Yarra Glen and on towards Yea, then at the top of the hill where the Kinglake turnoff is, you go right towards Toolangi. It brings you straight into Healesville and is an awesome stretch of twisties and big sweepers and for the most part is smooth as silk.

From Healesville you can then take the Don Valley Road across to Launching Place and onto Warby.
    now: 2008 Octavia RS TSI manual sedan, yellow, Stage 1 tune, 185kw.
    before: MY11 RS TSI manual wagon, race blue, sunroof, tint, MDI
    '74 Alfa Romeo GTV 2000 - mint
    '70 Alfa Romeo 1750 Berlina - project

Better still start at Healesville and go up the Chum Creek Road, turn right at Toolangi (stop for lunch at the Toolangi Tavern if the time of day is right) then go down the Myers Creek Road back to Healesville and come out opposite the Innocent Bystander for an after drive coffee or wine (or beer at the brewery).
    My Škoda photos here

Flickr : Blog

Just FYI, I would steer WELL clear of kmart east burwood as a meet point, especially on a saturday! It'll be chaotic. Better off meeting in a business park or something

i like volkswagens
    My blog: http://garagefiftythree.blogspot.com.au/

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Hey guys thanks for the route suggestions but is there anyone actually interested in coming along?

I'd certainly be interested in going for a cruise, although this Saturday doesn't suit me. Perhaps with a bit more notice we could gather a bit more interest?

Users Country Flag
    I'd be interested. As it turns out, I have to be in Healesville at 8:30 and 5:30, in between is free, so if this fits in with whatever is agreed on, count me in.
    Skoda Superb Elegance Wagon 2.0 TDI DSG, Storm Blue Metallic, Glamour Ivory - Onyx floor, Panoramic roof, False floor, 3 spoke steering, Roller blinds, MDI, KESSY, Power tailgate, Tow bar - delivered and in service as of February 23rd. They didn't tell me there was no Bluetooth - grrrr.

Users Country Flag
    I think I might be available to go as well
    2011 Superb Wagon Elegance 1.8TSI Storm Blue with: KESSY, 18" sports pack, panoramic roof, false floor, 3 spoke paddle shift, electric tailgate, MDI, blinds, tow bar, privacy glass, bluetooth and reversing camera

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Hey guys turns out I have to do a night shift tonight so will be too buggered to go tomorrow. How does Monday sound? Being a public holiday maybe more people can come along?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast