Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How To: MFSW Retrofit - 2012 Octavia VRS Manual

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by donweather View Post
    Manual I see. When did you get this if you don't mind me asking? I couldn't get a manual race blue wagon with the red stitching as there were none left in Aus. Ended up with race blue manual wagon with leather and carbon fibre trim so it wasn't all bad news.
    I had to do a factory order. I put the order in early August I think, picked up mid December.

When I put the order in they offered me the one I think you ended up buying (was yours from Essendon Skoda??). I wasn't really satisfied with the price they offered it to me and I wasn't in a hurry. I actually preferred to wait for the order because I was planning for the changeover 6 months ahead of time. There was only 1 other manual wagon in the country, a white one and I think it had standard trim - wasn't really keen on that one either.

All the dealers seemed very surprised I was set on a manual, seems quite a few on the forums at least want manual, maybe more of the general public would buy them in the vRS if they were actually available in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by rc_vRS View Post
    I had to do a factory order. I put the order in early August I think, picked up mid December.

When I put the order in they offered me the one I think you ended up buying (was yours from Essendon Skoda??). I wasn't really satisfied with the price they offered it to me and I wasn't in a hurry. I actually preferred to wait for the order because I was planning for the changeover 6 months ahead of time. There was only 1 other manual wagon in the country, a white one and I think it had standard trim - wasn't really keen on that one either.

All the dealers seemed very surprised I was set on a manual, seems quite a few on the forums at least want manual, maybe more of the general public would buy them in the vRS if they were actually available in stock.
    Bugger me, that was a wickedly quick order!!! I approached dealers in mid-late Sept and they told me Skoda weren't taking any new orders by then. So the only 2 manuals left in the country were the race blue with leather and sunroof (and yes it was in Melb) or the white stock. I like you, wasn't keen on the white and I wasn't keen on the leather/sunroof combo, but when they did it for such a good price, I couldn't refuse (nor wait for the 2013 model).

Quote Originally Posted by donweather View Post
    Bugger me, that was a wickedly quick order!!! I approached dealers in mid-late Sept and they told me Skoda weren't taking any new orders by then. So the only 2 manuals left in the country were the race blue with leather and sunroof (and yes it was in Melb) or the white stock. I like you, wasn't keen on the white and I wasn't keen on the leather/sunroof combo, but when they did it for such a good price, I couldn't refuse (nor wait for the 2013 model).
    Initially they told me 6 months for an order, I was ok with that but it ended up being a lot sooner. Luckily I found a buyer pretty quick for my old car.

If I was in a hurry I think I would have bought the one you got, I don't think I would have been as happy to get a dsg.

great write up - i just did this on my car about two weeks ago. mfsw is a great mod.

Users Country Flag
    Any update on the coding? Looking at doing this myself in the near future.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Hi I am about to do this upgrade on my yeti. I already have MFSW but it doesn't have paddles so I'm upgrading it to a wheel that does have paddleshift.

Does this mean the module I already have will suffice or will I need to upgrade this also?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 137699 View Post
    Hi I am about to do this upgrade on my yeti. I already have MFSW but it doesn't have paddles so I'm upgrading it to a wheel that does have paddleshift.

Does this mean the module I already have will suffice or will I need to upgrade this also?

Thanks
    Possibly, but check compatibility first. I think there was an older thread on here on a Tiguan doing the paddle shifter upgrade, it might be the same as yetti.

You really need to find out what version module you have then check online whether it supports paddle shifters, I didn't look into it at all because I have a manual.

Update:

For a while I had been having issues with the mfsw buttons not responding intermittently. I'm not sure if it was since install or later on.

Mostly it is the scroll wheel clicks not working (ie the select button), but sometimes the back button as well. Scrolling through the options via the thumb wheel always works though.

Yesterday I tracked it down to the headlights, whenever they are on AND I have the instrument cluster lights on the brightest setting the steering wheel buttons play up. If I turn the cluster brightness down or switch off the headlights everything works as normal.

It is very strange, it does not matter whether the headlights are in auto or manually on, the mfsw buttons stop working properly either way. I believe the switch goes through the steering control module, I'm not sure if it is a coding issue or just a faulty switch.

If anyone with a standard fit dsg/mfsw could do a test with headlights/cluster brightness turned up that might help she's some light on this issue.

Just a question. What is this part and what does it do? (Ie why do we also need to get this part if we want to upgrade to the MFSW?)

www.skodateile.cz

Users Country Flag

It's the radial connector in the steering wheel that allows the wires to stay connected when you turn the wheel. I assume that if your car didn't have a MFSW then there are a limited number of connections (horn & flappy paddles???).
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast