Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Good value bluefin tune

Users Country Flag

youll be fine then. i had no issues with the stage 1 or 2 tune.

if youre in sydney, i can assist with installation of down pipe.

I'm on the Gold Coast, but thanks for the offer!

As a matter of interest: how did you find the stage 2 tune vs. stage 1?

No battle plan ever survives contact with the enemy

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyB View Post
    As a matter of interest: how did you find the stage 2 tune vs. stage 1
    Compared between the night & day difference from stock to stage 1 - not much.
    Not as big a jump from stg 1 to stg 2 in terms of power (bhp) or torque (Nm).

Well....at least tis the case with the APR tune - don't know about the bluefin tune.

Users Country Flag
    Ive bought a few things from Demon Tweeks, no drama at all. Just had a full set of bilstein shocks delivered yesterday actually

With the Bluefin unit, you need to install some software on your PC, connect the unit to your car & follow the steps.
    It will usually download your cars factory ECU Map, then you need to connect the bluefin to your PC & itll upload this to Superchips.

Not long after you will get an email that the new map is ready, you download that to the Handset & then connect to the car again to remap.

To get stage 2, go to the superchips uk website & you can order direct on there, you will need the devices serial number.

Good value bluefin tune

Does anyone have the bluefin with a 2012 mk2 FL 2.0 petrol turbo TSI motor/ECU combination on here ? This is tempting ... I've received an email back from superchips that my ECU should not need to be bench tuned, but saw in another thread that a Jetta of same vintage with the same 147kw TSI motor could not use the handheld device ..

If it's the TFSI motor, there is no issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RS
    R

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuan View Post
    Does anyone have the bluefin with a 2012 mk2 FL 2.0 petrol turbo TSI motor/ECU combination on here ? This is tempting ... I've received an email back from superchips that my ECU should not need to be bench tuned, but saw in another thread that a Jetta of same vintage with the same 147kw TSI motor could not use the handheld device ..

If it's the TFSI motor, there is no issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You're in Sydney. Go to ReCode tuning at Miranda. Pay the little bit extra. You won't regret it.

I got my Bluefin for $660 back in 2010. I think it's great value for money but it locks you in. At the time, the competitors were $1200+ but they've all come down in price since then.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    You're in Sydney. Go to ReCode tuning at Miranda. Pay the little bit extra. You won't regret it.

I got my Bluefin for $660 back in 2010. I think it's great value for money but it locks you in. At the time, the competitors were $1200+ but they've all come down in price since then.
    I looked into RCS (ReCode) a year ago, and it seemed like best value if you were to pay for someone to do it locally as they actually run the car on a dyno before and after to check the tune. The Revo and GIAC options were about the same price.

BUT, it was still $1249... Which is a lot more than $550! Don't know if the prices have dropped more since.
    Skoda Octavia v/RS - 2012 Petrol 6MT

Users Country Flag
    last time I checked he was around $1k.

It's horses for courses. If you intend to do the Bluefin and nothing else, then it's a good proposition.

I finished up adding a Golf R IC, Nuespeed style IC pipes, GFB DV+ and exhaust mods. For reasons I can't understand, Supercheaps don't do a stage 2 for the 1.8tsi, so to optimise the tune for the mods I have to throw away the Bluefin (the controller is worth about $50) and start again.

Just know where you want to end up and you'll be right.
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Nothing beats a tune where a log is done after the tune is run on your car and then it's revised (as many times) as needed. Not entirely sure I am comfortable with an off the shelf tune but just asking the questions.

I paid $5xx for my handheld + custom tunes on my Focus ST done by a company in the USA. The VW/Audi/Skoda guys are killing us on their tune pricing.

So does anyone know about the compatibility of the bluefin for this motor/ecu (2012 mk2 FL 2.0 petrol turbo TSI) ?
    RS
    R

Users Country Flag

I've had mine in for 150,000km without issue.

I'm pretty sure the locked ECU didn't come in until much later - June 2013 or maybe as late as 2014?? The only way you can verify 100% compatibility is to get all the numbers off the ECU and send it to them. Or Maybe the VIN will be enough.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast