Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting hold of a 90tsi wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Antiplastix View Post
    Wait for the end of the month, when salesmen are desperate to meet their targets and sales bonuses. They will try just that little bit harder to make a sale.
    Often the beginning of the month is better.
    If they have already made target for the end of the month they tend to slack off. At the beginning of the month every sale counts.
    If you get a desperate salesperson at the end of the month you quite often end up with a desperate deal and sadness when delivery time occurs. The salesperson is no longer employed there and all the things that you thought you were getting strangely were not included in the contract.
    My Škoda photos here

Flickr : Blog

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Illy View Post
    You dont happen to know Frank do you?
    Only for about 30+ years. Not only did we get our Scout from North Shore Skoda, my old man got a job there on the sales team, just before we took delivery of the Scout. Thats after 30 years of owning his own Cafe Patisserie in Sydney.

Users Country Flag
    Pm me as I have a 19k kms late 09 i30 cw sx crdi which we effectively replaced with an rs dsg wagon. Been thinking about selling it as it isn't used much. It is metallic grey and has the slx 16" alloy wheels which are much nicer than the sx trims. Very torquey and easily achieves 1000kms on 53 litre tank on highway and 700-800 kms around town.

Hi Dave73,

just wandering whether any Skoda dealers have taken the initiative and called you in relation to your stock enquiry for the 90tsi wagon?

It would be nice to think they have

Hi guys, Been spending the weekend calling, looking and driving!

Went down to one of the Sydney showrooms sat arvo to have a look at the 90tsi wagon (my wife was busy). I didn't drive it, plus it was an auto, no manuals around
    The dealer here wasn't trying too hard to make a sale.. (but others who I've spoken to have been more willing)

Today I drove a private sale 2007 Elegance Wagon 2.0 FSI auto. It was ok, I'm not sure if that model is one we want to live with long term. It felt ok, very nice finish, but maybe due to all the research I've done on the other models, and being an automatic, it was a bit underwhelming. It was priced in our budget range so it made the shortlist. We could even make a rather low offer and see! But I think it's a no go.

Then we test drove the more compact Hyundai i30cw (new car) which my wife preferred driving. It was ok for me too, it's not anything worth getting excited about. (though the prospect of owning a new Skoda would be the opposite, I'd be smitten)
    I guess i30 in diesel it is the pragmatic choice and suits the budget and running costs. (About to have 1st child, wife 1 year off work etc)
    It comes in under $25k whereas the 90tsi will be high $20's depending on negotiations. $4k makes all the difference.

RSwag, yes they've all got back to me and been good, most have replied, been helpful and overall been great. Concensus is, no Skoda demo stock around in manual, nor used options... I might get a few more replies and followups monday at work..

Bryce, I'll drop you a line, this could be worth discussing. Thanks.

regards David

Be aware that the i30 will be replaced within a year with a new model. Also,if you don't do many kms a year then the 2L petrol model is probably better value for money.

Users Country Flag
    pologti18t,

the i30cw will not be replaced next year. It was only launched in 2008. The petrol is a shocker with absolutely no low down grunt whatsoever and by all accounts chews fuel in the urban environment. The crdi is infinitely better.

PS I own and love an Octavia RS Wagon but we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that the Octavia came out in 2004 and is thus an older vehicle.

Users Country Flag
    2.0FSI would be the 2nd last on my list to buy (1.6FSI being the #1 to avoid). Stick with the turbo variants in either diesel or petrol.

/looks at carsales.... wow! not much out there. Especially if you insist on a wagon.

There's only 40L difference in volume between the wagon & the hatch. Would the shape of the load area in the hatch be too much of a compromise?

I'm biased but my pick of the engines for a cruisy family car is the 1.8TSI.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    There's only 40L difference in volume between the wagon & the hatch. Would the shape of the load area in the hatch be too much of a compromise?
    Only other difference is that the load height of the hatch is higher (and I think, narrower) than the wagon. I almost got a wagon, but in the end decided on the hatch. Happy with my decision.

1 downside about the hatch though, opening the hatch during or after it rains will definitely cause a bit of moisture in the boot area..

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    2.0FSI would be the 2nd last on my list to buy (1.6FSI being the #1 to avoid). Stick with the turbo variants in either diesel or petrol.

/looks at carsales.... wow! not much out there. Especially if you insist on a wagon.

I'm biased but my pick of the engines for a cruisy family car is the 1.8TSI.
    Roof racks are a definite plus and I think the ski port is a great idea, I'm a bit of a fishing fanatic so that will be very handy for this. Agree on the merits of the 1.8, though the 1.4 would still be fine. My wife likes the Hyundai i30 (which she can have), my goal is to upgrade my transporter van next year to something which ticks all my boxes. So watch this space!

Thanks to all, really appreciate the good advice...

Cheers Dave

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast