Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: dArK5hAd0W's Timeline

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticality View Post
    DRL dim is awesome, as are free cornering fogs.
    If you don't enable both boxes, fogs will only come on with steering. If both boxes are enabled, they'll also come on with indicator.

Bloody handy.
    actually they're both independant of each other.

if u have cornerning foglights enabled, it will work based on steering input & speed below 40km/h - regardless of the indicator being on or not. provided low beams r activated.
    it doesn't care if the DRL dimming feature is enabled.

same control modules for both, but no dependancy.
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Users Country Flag
    I meant both cornering foglight tickboxes.
    There are two that The_Hawk and I found whilst exploring VCDS.
    2012 Octavia vRS TDI. Darkside big turbo, 3bar tune, other stuff. 200kW/650Nm.
    1990 Mk1 Cabrio. 1.9 IDI w/ 18PSI.
    1985 Mazda T3500 adventuremobile. 1973 Superbug. 1972 Volvo 144 in poo-brown.
    Not including hers...

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticality View Post
    I meant both cornering foglight tickboxes.
    There are two that The_Hawk and I found whilst exploring VCDS.
    there's two?
    the one i did was "Control Module > [09] Central elec / Coding / Long coding helper / byte 14 / bit 5".
    didn't have to check any others.

oh well......
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Users Country Flag
    I know there's one somewhere.
    When you turn the indicator on, and slow down to under 40, the fog comes on.
    After changing my BCM, it doesn't do it anymore.

I wanna get this changed. Might give the dealership a list, at the 15,000 service. Its coming up soon. :S
    2012 Octavia vRS TDI. Darkside big turbo, 3bar tune, other stuff. 200kW/650Nm.
    1990 Mk1 Cabrio. 1.9 IDI w/ 18PSI.
    1985 Mazda T3500 adventuremobile. 1973 Superbug. 1972 Volvo 144 in poo-brown.
    Not including hers...

so the springs were installed today - am happy with the finish. the ride & the look.
    eibach pro-kit (p/n: E10-79-004-02-22; Skoda p/n: ZGB1Z3071676)

admittedly the front has dropped 30mm, while the rear has dropped 20mm, as expected.
    measurements (with full tank) from the ground to the top of the wheel arch:-
    before front: 680mm
    before rear: 690mm

after front: 650mm
    after rear: 670mm

maybe the rears r yet to settle in.

here r some grainy iphone pics from inside my garage. i got home late, so no good pics.

speakin of getting home late, i noticed my xenons need to be realigned. they're projecting much less. since the frontend has dropped 30mm, this changes the throw of the low beam distance.
    even the skoda accessories website states that headlights need to be realigned after fitting these.
    so now i gotta book it in with the dealer n get it done.
    Last edited by dArK5HaD0w; 29-03-2012 at 05:46 AM.

Todd likes this
    - 2006 Audi B7 RS4 sedan, black, APR supercharged
    - 2008 Audi B7 RS4 avant, silver -- 2002 Audi B5 S4 vagwagon, ming blue
    - MY12 OCTAVIA vRS Wagon | DSG | revo | Eurojet DP | Milltek catback | KW V3's | 18x9 -45 Rays VR G2's | 18x8.5 -45 A8 Flat Fives | Kumho KU36 245/35 | Superpro ALK | ECS Stage 3 BBK | ECS eng mount | ITG Maxogen | DTM front splitter | SB

Quote Originally Posted by dArK5HaD0w View Post
    speakin of getting home late, i noticed my xenons need to be realigned. they're projecting much less. since the frontend has dropped 30mm, this changes the throw of the low beam distance.
    even the skoda accessories website states that headlights need to be realigned after fitting these.
    so now i gotta book it in with the dealer n get it done.
    spoke to the vw service centre, and the earliest they can do it for me is april 13th

i wonder if canberra vw centre (cvwc) can do this job?
    didn't think of them till now. will give them a buzz trow n find out.

i'm selling my original springs.
    link here for those interested.

Quote Originally Posted by dArK5HaD0w View Post
    i noticed my xenons need to be realigned. they're projecting much less. since the frontend has dropped 30mm, this changes the throw of the low beam distance.
    hmmm, methinks I might need to do this!
    - 2006 Audi B7 RS4 sedan, black, APR supercharged
    - 2008 Audi B7 RS4 avant, silver -- 2002 Audi B5 S4 vagwagon, ming blue
    - MY12 OCTAVIA vRS Wagon | DSG | revo | Eurojet DP | Milltek catback | KW V3's | 18x9 -45 Rays VR G2's | 18x8.5 -45 A8 Flat Fives | Kumho KU36 245/35 | Superpro ALK | ECS Stage 3 BBK | ECS eng mount | ITG Maxogen | DTM front splitter | SB

here is a pic of the front self-levelling sensor. its on the passenger side. u can see it with the wheels turned to the right on full lock.
    notice how the arm is on an angle. thanks to the 30mm lower ride height up front, the sensor arm is compressed/bent more than its usual postion.
    the rear sensor arm is not compressed as much because it was a 20mm drop.
    but because there was already a 10mm difference between front & back before lowering, the end result is a 20mm difference between the two now. making the sensors think the front of the car is constantly on a "20mm" high speed hump.

if the dealers can't realign the headlight the conventional way, the only other option would be to pop the arm off, and shorten it.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast