Support VWWC

Thread: Colombus not working

Colombus not working

I have a 2009 Skoda vRS with a Columbus unsure of version / model (GPS system). Recently the battery went flat and after disconnecting and re-connecting the unit continually goes into a loop of showing the Skoda logo then going to a black screen. This repeats regardless of what I have done, including the 3 button reset.

I took it to the mechanic to scan and nothing is showing on the scan.

Does anyone know what else I could try before having to go down the path of replacing either internal hardware / whole unit?

Thanks
    Adam

Users Country Flag
    Go to the ICE section of GT this forum, there is a how to upgrade the firmware on RNS510.
    2018 BMW 125i M Sport |AlpineWhite|719M JetBlack|BlackLeather |ComfortPackage|Sunroof|WirelessCharging
    2010 MY10 R36 Wagon | Biscay Blue | Power Tailgate | RNS510 | MDI | RVC | 51,000 km |Garage Open Button | Dead Pedal Mod | OE Fit DRL | VCDS | Sprint Booster | H&R Rear Sway Bar | Alcantara Steering Wheel | Dual Reverse Light | 19" Bentley Wheels (BBS Forged Split) | Michelin PS 4S
    2005 MY05 AH Astra HatchBlack | Facelifted SRi Looking | OpeliZed | Whiteline RSB | Eibach ProKit

I've got the latest firmware and the disc is in, but it will not read the disc set all. It simply goes through the loop of Skoda splash screen then, black screen and repeat.