Support VWWC

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Approximate service costs and approx. parts cost

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    4 wheel alignment is commonly $150+

Unusual to get weight distribution as most shops don't have the gear to do it
    Those that do normally charge $300 for corner weighting
    i was surprised when I collected the car, but the workshop is less than a year old, the report even had a webcam shot of the car on the equipment.

Users Country Flag
    Yes, it's strange as without adjustable coil overs there is no opportunity to adjust the corner weights, hence it's pointless to measure
    2012.1 Skoda Octavia VRS DSG Wagon - Carbonio cold air intake and pipe - HPA Motorsports BBK 355mm rotors 6 pot calipers
    APR Stage II ECU - APR 3" exhaust down pipe & high flow catalyst
    APR/HP Roll bars - Eibach springs and Bilstien shocks
    Supaloy lower control arms - Enkei 18*8 Wheels

$150+? Is this a dealer price?

I get a 4 wheel alignment including rotation and balance for $80.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by donweather View Post
    $150+? Is this a dealer price?

I get a 4 wheel alignment including rotation and balance for $80.
    Nope.

Heaseman's at Tempe or Spinning Wheel Tyres at Waterloo are both around the $140 mark. My last visit to Heasemans they charged $120 to put it on the machine & extra for every adjustment (but they will adjust things that you wouldn't think possible). They are both really good at alignments. I don't mind paying a premium when the job is done properly.

There are plenty of places that charge $80. I even know a few that charge $50. Start talking to the "technician" and you soon realise why they are cheap.

Maybe you are very lucky with your guy and he has a clue.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Maybe you are very lucky with your guy and he has a clue.
    This is a regular customer price. Not walk in off the street. Touch wood they've been good so far for my last 4-5 alignments with no odd tyre wear showing. I get one done each time I get a tyre rotation (every 7500 kms or so).

And they picked up my toe was severely out when I got my eibachs installed (note I didn't tell them I'd made suspension changes before I went in for the alignment just to see how good they actually were).
    Last edited by donweather; 02-01-2016 at 07:35 AM.

I'm due for some new tyres and as far as I recall haven't had an alignment in 7yrs but have perfect wear and no issues. Anyone good in the southeast of Melb. I used to use tyre power in mitcham but they are gone.

I've got my last two sets of tyres off eBay (from big sellers with real stores) for a lot less than I can get them locally. If you wait till there's one of ebay's regular 15 or 20% off deals it can be very cheap. For example my last lot 225/40-18 Continental SportsContact 5 - $189 each delivered to Tas (delivery for 4 was $120).
    2008 Skoda Octavia Elegance TDI 4x4 wagon
    Bluefin 132Kw/385Nm, Racechips Response Control, Haldex Performance controller, H&R anti roll bars, Koni FSD shocks, SuperPro control arms & ball joints, subframe & gearshift mods, Full Dynamat interior, Polk Audio sound, Columbus, Bluetooth, MDI, parking sensors, camera. BBS SR 18x8" w/ 225/40xR18. 3M Crystalline tint.

Users Country Flag
    Got my 90,000 service coming up soon for my 2010 RS Petrol...

Wondering what is due..? I remember on my GTI I did the Timing belt at 90,000 so wondering if I gotta do the same thing...

I got the timing belt from ECS tuning so might look into doing the same if required...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by dportaz View Post
    Got my 90,000 service coming up soon for my 2010 RS Petrol...

Wondering what is due..? I remember on my GTI I did the Timing belt at 90,000 so wondering if I gotta do the same thing...

I got the timing belt from ECS tuning so might look into doing the same if required...
    The Octavia vRS (mk2) used the EA888 engine which has a chain driven cam - not a belt

If you have not had the inlet cleaned out now would be a good time
    2012.1 Skoda Octavia VRS DSG Wagon - Carbonio cold air intake and pipe - HPA Motorsports BBK 355mm rotors 6 pot calipers
    APR Stage II ECU - APR 3" exhaust down pipe & high flow catalyst
    APR/HP Roll bars - Eibach springs and Bilstien shocks
    Supaloy lower control arms - Enkei 18*8 Wheels

The Mk2 FL had the timing chain, the pre FLs still have a cam belt that is replaced along with the water pump at 105k/7yrs whichever comes first. Just had it done on mine.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast