Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Anybody checked the price of a battery?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by K1W1 View Post
    It's life is over take it to the recycler and get a new one.
    Already got it last Friday.

I've had Panasonics last a lot more than 5 years. You've got to give them one chance at life then call it quits
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

My battery just died (6 years old). Not holding a charge at all. Getting a Varta Silver E44 $259 and I have to walk a few km's and get the sodding bus into town to get it (cause I'm too cheap to get it delivered).
    2008 Skoda Octavia Elegance TDI 4x4 wagon
    Bluefin 132Kw/385Nm, Racechips Response Control, Haldex Performance controller, H&R anti roll bars, Koni FSD shocks, SuperPro control arms & ball joints, subframe & gearshift mods, Full Dynamat interior, Polk Audio sound, Columbus, Bluetooth, MDI, parking sensors, camera. BBS SR 18x8" w/ 225/40xR18. 3M Crystalline tint.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by wfdTamar View Post
    My battery just died (6 years old). Not holding a charge at all. Getting a Varta Silver E44 $259 and I have to walk a few km's and get the sodding bus into town to get it (cause I'm too cheap to get it delivered).
    Hopefully you have friendly bus driver because when I was driving them Lead acid batteries were prohibited from a passenger area in passenger transport vehicles.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Yes, I was wondering about that. Luckily I have a client that is willing to drive down here and pick up the battery for me on the way. Got it for $249 to match this ($249 delivered):

Varta Automotive E44 Battery 12v 77ah 780cca - Pro Batteries
    Bluefin 132Kw/385Nm, Racechips Response Control, Haldex Performance controller, H&R anti roll bars, Koni FSD shocks, SuperPro control arms & ball joints, subframe & gearshift mods, Full Dynamat interior, Polk Audio sound, Columbus, Bluetooth, MDI, parking sensors, camera. BBS SR 18x8" w/ 225/40xR18. 3M Crystalline tint.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by wfdTamar View Post
    Can't jump-start & drive into town?
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

No, that worked when the battery had a bit of juice, but now (for a start I don't have access to another car), but my charger/starter box even won't start it. Had the battery on the Cetek charger overnight and it looked like it had charged, but when I took the charger off the battery had zero voltage.

Looks like I need another one. Only 4.5 years. Should have known as the 3 year warranty plus extra 1 year from my credit card ran out a few months ago. $289 now.

Users Country Flag
    What a bad luck.
    I always charge batteries in all our cars even if they drive everyday in an ideal condition. In some only once in 3 months and it extends the life of the batteries dramatically. Our 2010 Tiguan had original battery till 6/2018 and I only replaced it because I'm overstocked with the batteries. I've put the biggest AGM battery that would fit in there.

You can charge the battery with the Ctek charger more often if you do only short trips. In my T5 I got 10 years out of the battery and only replaced it because it needed to go to the crash shop for a week and I didn't want anyone interfere with my van more than they had to.

Users Country Flag

My batt died a month ago in the RS. It's a 2016 model with push button start! Owned it since new, have been disabling stop/stop for atleast 6mths now.
    The RACV tech said the batt was still within range yet no electrics were working & car wouldnt start.
    Was replaced under warranty with a light grey coloured but definitely AGM battery - sorry didn't check the brand as he placed the heat shroud cover on it fairly quickly.
    I do mostly short distances, only use aircon on 35deg plus days in summer otherwise turned off, demister when required in winter. Stereo is mostly on. I dont get it...?
    Guy said that he advises people to turn off stop/start if they want batt to last.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345