Thread: AIRBAG Recall Schedule

AIRBAG Recall Schedule

Here is a link to Skoda Australia's Takata Recall schedule where you can see approximately when your car's airbag will need to be replaced. Not sure I trust getting a letter so I'm keeping an eye on the expected recall date.

https://au.skoda.com.au/airbag-safet...A_APPROVED.pdf
    MY2014 Skoda Octavia Ambition Plus Wagon, DSG, Capuccino, Tech Pack
    MY 2010 Skoda Scout Manual Silver -traded

Make sure your details are still valid with Skoda Aus and if you got the car 2nd hand, change details for the car.

You can also check here with your VIN for a more exact time. Here's the result for my MY15 RS:

We wish to confirm that your 2015 ŠKODA OCTAVIA 4 DOOR WAGON with Vehicle Identification Number ** is affected by the Takata Airbag Safety Recall (PRA Number 2018/16909)and categorised as ‘Future’ meaning the Vehicle is not subject to active recall, but that recall action will be initiated for the Vehicle in the future, with the expected date of recall initiation stated according to the Recall Initiation Schedule.

It is expected that customer notifications will be prioritised based on age of the vehicle (oldest first) and location (areas with high humidity will be given priority). The Recall Initiation Schedule indicates that the recall will occur on 01/07/2019.In the event that parts become available sooner that the Recall Initiation Schedule, ŠKODA will contact you directly to have your airbag inflator replaced, at no cost to you.
    My details are up to date with Skoda so I'm not too worried, and I don't live near the north with high humidity. Your MY14 Octavia should probably get the recall the same time as mine.
    Last edited by Slugoid; 02-11-2018 at 10:30 AM.

Users Country Flag

I'm having my airbags replaced on Wednesday. Rang my local Skoda dealer last week and they booked it in - mine is a MY16 Octavia Scout Premium 132TSI, and despite the Recall Initiation Schedule shows my recall commencing in July 2019, I didn't want to spend my life driving around with faulty (albeit 'less dangerous') airbags as I'm traversing rural NSW over Christmas and probably until this time next year.
    MY16 Octavia Scout 132TSI Premium - denim blue metallic, Tech pack, electric seats, panoramic roof, auto boot, roof racks, mud flaps and rubber mats