Support VWWC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2017 Octavia

Users Country Flag

It looks like I might not have any regrets with getting an RS230. Would like to have the rear USB ports though....
    We broke something, I think it was traction…Carl Edwards after getting spun out by Dale Jr. at Michigan
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.Jeremy Clarkson
    There’s no secret. You just press the accelerator to the floor and steer left.Bill Vukovich
    Oh, and I have a little white toy called a RS230.

Users Country Flag
    Looking to get some pretty decent discounts off the pre-FL MY17 RS models now. Wonder how much is achievable for the following fully-loaded wagon?

MY17 Skoda Octavia RS Wagon
    DSG
    Steel Grey
    Panoramic Sunroof
    Electric Tailgate
    Black Pack (18”)
    Tech Pack
    Comfort Pack

+ Front & Rear Mud Flaps
    + Plastic Boot Dish
    + Tinted Windows
    + 5-Year Service Pack

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by 99Reza View Post
    According to the brochure only the RS TDI is equipped with a wet clutch DSG, am I reading it wrong?
    That's what it says. Made me go back to the current models brochure and the MY17 which only states that the manual 162 has a single plate dry clutch. The dsg Just says 6 speed. So I found the MY16 brochure to check mine as I'm sure it was wet and indeed it states wet clutch. Seems funny it's written clearly in the my16 book but not my17.

I wonder if any of the current shape my17 have dry clutch and skoda did a sly box change mid way through? Or is it a typo?
    Last edited by LunchboxVRS; 14-04-2017 at 11:37 PM.
    MY16 Candy white Octavia VRS Wagon, sunroof, 19" black pack, tech pack, comfort pack, auto tail gate
    MY12.5 Polo 6R GTI

Quote Originally Posted by HPRS230 View Post
    Weird how they think the sound generator is a new thing.

Quote Originally Posted by kw0n3k View Post
    Can't stand that front end......
    Yes, I reckon it's a mess. The headlight to grill area. Far worse than the previous model (or the first we got). Seems like every second model they let an apprentice design the front and it ends up looking like a SyangYong or something.
    2008 Skoda Octavia Elegance TDI 4x4 wagon
    Bluefin 132Kw/385Nm, Racechips Response Control, Haldex Performance controller, H&R anti roll bars, Koni FSD shocks, SuperPro control arms & ball joints, subframe & gearshift mods, Full Dynamat interior, Polk Audio sound, Columbus, Bluetooth, MDI, parking sensors, camera. BBS SR 18x8" w/ 225/40xR18. 3M Crystalline tint.

Users Country Flag
    Interesting that the Poms still get the diesel in non vRS form...
    MY18 Passat Alltrack Wolfsberg (white) darkest legal tint (SOLD), 2014 Golf 110 TDI Highline (sold after DM Flywheel issues), now 2021 RAV4 Cruiser Hybrid, 2020 C-HR Koba Hybrid

Users Country Flag
    +1 Yay! Rallye Green now an option.
    Looks like 'Black Pack' is now standard across RS range (Should have been the whole time in my opinion).
    I really like the Alcantara/leather seats but lack of full leather might put some people off (maybe hairy pet owners?).

No 7sp. DSG (maybe they're saving it for the RS245?), still no mention of traffic assist that earlier reports suggested it would have.
    What is the deal with 'mirror-link', is it going to be wireless and more than 'AirPlay'/'Android Auto'? What happened to wireless charging, can't see that mentioned anywhere.

Adaptive Chassis control description is a bit ambiguous regarding the ability to adjust the suspension dampening in 'Individual mode'.

"The car will then adapt the engine torque, acceleratorsensitivity, power steering, headlight control (with AFS), DSG transmission, and airconditioning to suit the profile selected."

Why can't they say "electronically controlled dampeners", I'm pretty sure people know what that means these days.

Also, WTF happened to the rear camera washer from the YouTube videos? Ripped off!

Users Country Flag

Also, how did they increase the rear track by 30mm? Wonder if it is new suspension arms or something changed in the hubs?
    Would like an alternative to putting 15mm rear spacers to fill the guards legally in Victoria.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123