Thread: 2014 Geneva Salon de l'Auto

Users Country Flag

2014 Geneva Salon de l'Auto

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post in, but I'm not sure how to post to just a generic Skoda thread anymore...

I ducked up to the 2014 Salon de l'Auto after work this afternoon (it's normally about 13 minutes away by bus, but with all the traffic it was probably double that this afternoon).

Of course, my first destination was the Skoda stand to see what was on offer:

• Octavia RS Combi manual (no DSG on display, no liftback on display)
    • Rapid Spaceback
    • Octavia Liftback
    • Octavia Scout Combi
    • Favia RS and other flavours
    • Yeti in several flavours
    • Superb in several flavours
    • Vision C concept car

Clearly, the new Octavia is the stand out. The facelifts on the Superb and Yeti look good from the outside, but the interior seems to be much the same.

Given that Skoda is next to VW, Audi and Seat (and also given that I'm biased), I think the new Octavia stands up quite well against what is available in the rest of the 'family'.

The only disappointment was the lack of Skoda merchandise for sale.

Here are my photos - it's only Skoda for now, but I'll be adding more photos from the rest of the show next week.

Skoda stand, 2014 Salon de l'Auto
    MY15 Octavia Scout TDI135 Moon White Tech Pack Panoramic Sunroof Polar wheels

Users Country Flag
    awesome pics there mate!!! very professional and nicely taken.

wat r ur thoughts on the vision concept? it looks larger than the new mk3 Octavia.
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Users Country Flag
    Did you manage to get any shots of the new Scout?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Sorry about the delayed response, trying to fit in some skiing on the weekends before the weather gets too warm ...

The Vision C concept car is definitely larger than the Octavia. It's hard to get the feeling for its true dimensions, because it's lower than the other cars and therefore 'seems' to be wider. I think it's interesting how it incorporates the new facelifted grill plus the angles below the headlights and around the rear - clearly, these are design cues that Skoda is planning to incorporate into its future models. I like the way the door handles flow into the cheat lines, but the mirrors look a bit flimsy. Unfortunately, the concept car seems to follow the European trend of hiding the exhausts away (think Renault and Peugot) - I just like having my exhausts visible and making a statement.

I can't believe I missed a shot of the Scout! Especially as I said to my wife at the time "There's my next car". I'll rummage back through my shots tonight to see if there's on in there that I missed...
    MY15 Octavia Scout TDI135 Moon White Tech Pack Panoramic Sunroof Polar wheels