Support VWWC

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Model Octavia Wagon RS TSI?

2013 Model Octavia Wagon RS TSI?

OK, I'm ready to purchase a race blue, manual RS TSI Octavia Wagon with red stitching/Alcantra trim and ask the dealer to find me one. Not a single one in the country he tells me, so instead offers me the following two alternatives:

Option 1: Purchase a race blue, manual RS TSI Octavia Wagon with sunroof and leather seats, but no red stitching which has to come from Melbourne and will be 3-4 weeks away; or

Option 2: Wait 12 mths until the new 2013 model is in Australia as I can no longer order a new Octavia RS TSI Manual Wagon with red stitching from the factory as Skoda are no longer making new ones from the factory due to the imminent (12 mths away!!!) arrival of the new model.

Not overly keen on Option 1 as the price they offered wasn't quite as good as I was hoping, given I didn't want one with sunroof (too hot in Qld summers) and was really after the Alcantra/red stitching trim.

So my question is, has anyone else heard the same story about can no longer order from the factory due to the new 2013 model coming out in 12 mths time?

Users Country Flag
    There's this one in the cars for sale, sounds like it might fit the bill.
    2011 MY12 Octavia 103TDI DSG Liftback - Candy White
    1993 Kawasaki GTR - Black
    1990 Kawasaki GTR - Red
    1989 Nissan GQ Patrol - White

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by meremale View Post
    There's this one in the cars for sale, sounds like it might fit the bill.
    Your link is broken!
    I can't find the one you were looking for, maybe you can repost?
    2012 Octavia vRS TDI. Darkside big turbo, 3bar tune, other stuff. 200kW/650Nm.
    1990 Mk1 Cabrio. 1.9 IDI w/ 18PSI.
    1985 Mazda T3500 adventuremobile. 1973 Superbug. 1972 Volvo 144 in poo-brown.
    Not including hers...

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticality View Post
    Your link is broken!
    I can't find the one you were looking for, maybe you can repost?
    Yeah, what he said!!!

Users Country Flag

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSuperb View Post
    Aha!!... I was looking on Carsales...

Also, yikes. That car is twice as old as mine and has done 5,000km more than mine.
    What a deal. $28k.
    2012 Octavia vRS TDI. Darkside big turbo, 3bar tune, other stuff. 200kW/650Nm.
    1990 Mk1 Cabrio. 1.9 IDI w/ 18PSI.
    1985 Mazda T3500 adventuremobile. 1973 Superbug. 1972 Volvo 144 in poo-brown.
    Not including hers...

Heya Donweather,

I reckon that dealer is full of it!

I was told by dealers when I bought mine (only a few weeks ago), that I could order from factory!
    I personally chose not to, as they had one that suited me in stock, so I bought that.

But as many of you know I would have liked the new ralyee green colour, and that was only available as a factory order. I could have chosen to do so if I was happy to wait several months.

SO...ask around...I reckon you can order one in, and they simply wanted to put the pressure on and make you buy one in stock...which is fine if it suits your specs!
    2018 Ralyee Green RS wagon. Fully optioned.
    Previous vehicles:2015 Volvo V60 Polestar (my one detour from VW/Skoda!)
    2013 Platin grey RS wagon / 2012 White Polo GTI / 2009 Black 125 Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    i wont b surprised if skoda is not taking anymore orders.
    considering they looking march 2013 for the new octy, they need to get the factories "reconfigured" to use the new "MQB" platform.

definitely not a good selling point to stop taking factory order builds now.

apparently the vRS is scheduled for Jun 2013. will probably b aug/sep before it hit our shores.
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Skoda have a summer shutdown in July and August and when they resume in early Sept they start production of the next model year. That means that they will be manufacturing 2013 MY vehicles now under normal circumstances. I can't see any reason why that would not be the case this year as any factory maintenance is done during the shutdown period and the concept of the factory making nothing for 6 months sounds like a bit of dealer b/s to me.
    To the OP. I assume that you have a phone and we know you have an Internet connection so I would suggest you use them to locate other dealers who may be more interested in taking your hard earned out of you wallet.
    My Škoda photos here

Flickr : Blog

Users Country Flag

A guy I work with has ordered a new Octavia 147 TSI wagon and been told it will go into production in week 39 of this year and arrive here in the 2nd week of December. So clearly they are still making them.

So, yes I agree that the salesperson is simply trying to get you to buy a stock car.
    *****CURRENTLY FOR SALE***** See Sale thread
    Candy White MY12.5 Octavia VRS TSI DSG wagon.
    Black Plasti Dipped wheels, grille surround, roof rails and badges. Lowered 20mm, torque arm insert.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast