Thread: time for a new set of tires after 90'000 kms and some 20's to go with them

Users Country Flag

time for a new set of tires after 90'000 kms and some 20's to go with them

I thought i would share who good the mileage I've gotten out of the factory 18" Continentalsport contact tires on our beetle. we have just done 90'000 kms in our manual 2013 beetle and still on the original brakes and the tires have only just worn to the indicators.
    As for the car itself apart from a few minor bugs the car had early in it's life that were ironed out with software updates the car has been solid as a rock it's only gone into the shop for scheduled servicing.

so it's well out of warranty now so i thought i would make the first step into modifying it.

we had some 20x8.5 Helo 475's that we fitted up with some Pirelli dragonsport 245 35 R20 tires and they have transformed the car. i thought the
    Continental
    tires gripped well but the Pirelli's are another level.

the car with the original factory twister 18's
    time for a new set of tires after 90'000 kms and some 20's to go with them-beetle-old-wheels-jpg

Fitted with the 20" Helo 475's
    time for a new set of tires after 90'000 kms and some 20's to go with them-beetle-new-wheels-1-jpgtime for a new set of tires after 90'000 kms and some 20's to go with them-beetle-new-wheels-2-jpg

if funds permit i would like to continue to modify it. but for now a nice set of wheels will do.

Users Country Flag
    Great to hear!
    Personally I like the look of the original 18's.
    But still looks the goods!!!
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag

Nice choice.