Thread: Passat TS 2 door for sale in Yarrawonga

Passat TS 2 door for sale in Yarrawonga

Hi guys. I'm not a VW guy but spotted a Passat 2 door in a car yard in Yarrawonga today. Beige or cream, unregistered but looked tidy as I drove past.

The number is 03 5744 2597

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Yarrawonga Passat GLS Coupe

Hi Guys,
    I'm new to this forum, and after finding reference to this post on the internet, am now the proud owner of the aforementioned coupe.
    It turned out to be a GLS, 1977, in Passat yellow. Overall the body is in reasonable condition, with some minor rust spots, and an inexplicably repainted drivers side. Engine seems ok. Transaxle ditto. Electricals etc seem good. Interior is the usual poor/average.
    My plan for the car is first to get it up to speed; I have a set of 14" rims and tyres, a Bilstein front end with heavy duty springs, ventilated discs and Camira calipers. Some minor body repairs / touch up painting to arrest any further tendency to rust.
    This done, I plan on tackling the engine. My plan is to run on LPG, probably liquid injected, either with or without forced induction. This will dictate whether I bother using an old big-valve head I have lying around, exhaust system, etc.
    While the car is fairly complete, I would love advice on where to get new rubber seals, whether anyone has a set of TS seats that they're willing to sell (I'm tallish, and the GLS seats flatten my head on the roof liner), and any other comments or advice.
    I'll try to figure out how to post a photo presently.
    Cheers.

Looks like a good buy!
    I wasn't aware TS seats were any lower. At 197cm tall I have the same issues with the seats in my passat LS, but was just planning on modifying the seat frame one day. Interesting.
    SILVER '98 MKIII GOLF GL // BORBET TYPE A's
    YELLOW '76 B1 PASSAT LS WAGON
    WHITE '07 MKV JETTA 2.0 TFSI
    FLICKR

Hi Lanky,
    I'm 6'3" (190cm) tall. The standard (GLS) seats in the 1977 look much better than the earlier models (I've had a few 1974/1975 LS's years ago), but sit the same height. The TS I owned had seats that were substantially lower "out of the box". They were also upholstered differently; actually were very much sports seats, rather than the wire rimmed LS versions.
    I was hoping to find some TS seats, but I think probably Buckley's. It took me 5 years of looking to find a 2 door. My current plan is to cut and shut the seat frames, and get the whole interior reupholstered. I think I need about 2 inches in height gone, which I'm hoping can be lost at the seat "feet". I don't want to take it out of the padding because I think it will upset the seat/back "geometry".
    You've got a wagon by the looks of it? I had a wagon very briefly. Very cool the way the seats fold flat.