Thread: Lynx M150 Manifold / Weber DCOE Jetting?

Lynx M150 Manifold / Weber DCOE Jetting?

Hi All,
    I'm hoping someone has information on the best DCOE and jetting to use with an M150 manifold?
    I'm running a 1600 Mk1 motor, mild cam, extractors and a 2 1/4 inch exhaust.
    I've got a DCOE 40, I think with 28 chokes.
    Previously (22 years ago) I ran a 45DCOE, but I don't recall the choke size.
    Google is surprisingly silent on the issue of the best arrangement, so hopefully someone has some knowledge of the topic?
    I'm not averse to ditching the 40 for a 45, or enlarging the chokes on the 40; I'm just hoping to get to a reasonable starting point to begin the tune.
    Cheers,
    Gregdub

For anyone in Passat DCOE land...
    The answer for the Lynx M150 (as a starting point) seems to be:
    But as a starting point with 40DCOE
    34mm chokes
    160 mains
    F16 emulsion tubes
    180 -200 air correctors
    65F8 idles
    50 pump jets
    Cheers,
    G

As an addendum, I bought some new chokeson the ebay from "carb deals". They're aftermarket, cheaper than the original items, and polished! Quality appears to be much nicer than the genuine item...Lynx M150 Manifold / Weber DCOE Jetting?-img_20181010_134518-jpg

It looks like the unpolished on will have a better air entry due to the shape of the radius. I can't be positive but back to back on a dyno would be interesting.

Agree re dyno, although that won't happen. I should point out, the polished are 34mm for a 40DCOE, so about as big as you can go. The radius on the original is actually quite "notchy". Italian engineering at its best.