Support VWWC

Thread: Hatchback wiring Passat GLS 1977

Users Country Flag

Hatchback wiring Passat GLS 1977

Hi All,

I am close to finishing the resto on my GLS 77 Hatchback and its down to the electrics.
    When I stripped the car I had to cut a lot of the wires between the hatchback and the body and I didn't take photos.
    I am now having some trouble understanding the connection for the window demister. I have found the black positive wire out of the roof for the passenger side connection but I cannot see how I get an earth to the left hand side and in fact it appears this could be a black wire as well.
    Also the wire for the number plate lights needs to connect to the main harness for the tail lights and again not sure how to get the positive and negative from the rear loom into the hatch.
    If anyone has a GLS would you mind taking a couple of photos of how the wiring goes and send them through please.
    Thanks and regards,
    John

Users Country Flag
    I've got wiring diagrams for that but the Bentleys sort of glosses over the loom within the hatch.

I could probably figure it out if I took a look.

Is it mobile again yet? I've got a bunch of stuff to do this weekend and won't be venturing far from home.
    79 MK1 Golf Wreck to Race / 79 MK1 Golf The Red Thread / 76 MK1 Golf Kamei Race Car
    7? MK1 Caddy
    79 B1 Passat Dasher Project
    12 Amarok

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Jones View Post
    I've got wiring diagrams for that but the Bentleys sort of glosses over the loom within the hatch.

I could probably figure it out if I took a look.

Is it mobile again yet? I've got a bunch of stuff to do this weekend and won't be venturing far from home.
    Hi Pete,
    Hows it going.
    Funny thing about it going, it did start at Boris's but now after a battery re-charge I get the lights up on the dash but the starter motor won't turn, indicative of a flat battery. Meter says I have 12 volts so that is another issue to solve.
    My manuals don't cover a hatch at all.
    I could take some photos and bring them around if that suited but I know you are busy with the race Golf.
    John

Users Country Flag

Hi John :
    Is good to hear you are doing a GLS restoration .
    Is it possible to put on some photos please ?
    I did a LS and wanted it to look like a GLS.

Thank you
    Amir