Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B1 TS resto

Users Country Flag

B1 TS resto

Hi All,
    While I await delivery of my new Golf GTi I am re registering my 1975 Passat TS. Owned it since it was 10 months old and it has been off the road for 11yrs in my garage. It is currently in near original condition and is driveable, I just need to tidy up a couple of things to put it on the road again. Once its registered I plan to refresh the engine internals, part supply willing.
    Will take photos of the old and the new together next month when the Golf arrives.

One job I have to do is the replacement of the steel fuel tank. Anyone help with a source of parts? Can the later plastic tank be sourced and fitted? Rubber strip at leading edge of boot lid needs replacing. Is there a source of rubber bits?

Maybe get a tank from another B1 passat from a wrecking yard, and see if they fit?? Im not sure where to source the rubbers, If you find an answer to that let me know because I also need a crap load of rubber's including window and boot rubbers.

All Im certain is that I know I cant wait a month to see pics, please get a few up sooner rather than later..........Pretty Please!!!!

Awesome stuff! Can't wait to see pics mate.

Check out Mk1 Autohaus on Ebay for rubbers. The bastard isn't cheap, but he has most stuff.

If you need engine hardware etc and are having trouble finding it I can most likely source that for you.

APR Tuned | KW Suspension | INA Engineering | Mocal Oil Control |
    Email: chris@tprengineering.com

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Hey guys,
    Just got the "yellow cupboard ' out of the garage this weekend to see what's required for rego and get a few photos. The list for rego is a bit longer than I'd hoped but what the heck. Car has unusual electrical issues ( some lights come at the strangest times) and there is a petrol leak from the accelerator pump. The brakes work but I intend giving them the new seals etc. A new radiator is required so I may bring the top end overhaul forward and do it now while I wait for parts and fuel tank repairs.
    Would love to have uploaded some pictures but it seems I don't have the necessary privileges at the moment. Can't do attachments etc.

send images to me hussman@live.com.au and I can upload for u if u want
    Last edited by huss; 15-05-2011 at 06:12 PM.
    -'75 Passat TS
    -'75 Passat TS (Project)

No....its not a Piss-sat its a Pass-sat!!

Users Country Flag
    There's a tutorial on how to host images on here

http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/f10/...ges-45153.html
    79 MK1 Golf Wreck to Race / 79 MK1 Golf The Red Thread / 76 MK1 Golf Kamei Race Car
    7? MK1 Caddy
    79 B1 Passat Dasher Project
    12 Amarok

Hi, I might be able to help....

I bought this steering wheel back in 1995 from a dealer here in adelaide with the horn button. I had a factory sunroof TS back then...I used it for two weeks, then took it back off the car. Take a close look at the grain on the back of the wheel rim.... you will not see that again!! The horn button was also new, has a small scratch which I think will polish out(had no box when I got it and also had the scratch). Absolutely no crazing(like all the originals are, if you can find them), nothing broken.

I also have a BIG pile of NOS 2 door waist trim, a very nice front dual headlight grille(no cracks), NOS under grille nose trim piece(chrome) and a NOS front bumper(still in plastic bag). All genuine items from various dealer cleanouts over the years. I am sure I also have some NOS gutter and window moldings too.I also have other various odds and ends including a couple of genuine used carbs(for the 1500 TS "ZB" code motor) and other minor bits of which escapes my memory at the moment...pm me if you are interested, it is all for sale now.
    Last edited by 1500king; 17-05-2011 at 11:57 PM.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Hi all,
    Photos of the project

Out of the garage under its own power but not washed or cleaned yet.

[/IMG]

Engine bay all 98% original.

Centre console intact with period radio

Unfortunately there is one crack in the dash............

Underneath the car is original except for metallic brake pads to overcome the inherent fade and Koni adjustable shocks all round. I have a KMac front sway bar and a Selby's rear sway bay in the garage as is a smaller steering wheel.
    So thats it for now until I round up some bits and pieces.
    75 TS Passat
    2011 Golf GTi
    My other project is a V12 Jaguar

Beautiful... put some elbow grease in and polish the old girl up...!! nice score... I'd own one that clean..!!

Looks great dude. She's pretty mint!

APR Tuned | KW Suspension | INA Engineering | Mocal Oil Control |
    Email: chris@tprengineering.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast