Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why you can't LEGALLY retrofit HID lights to your non HID car....

Quote Originally Posted by kaanage View Post
    So the moral is to steer at the light?
    i cant stop looking at it normally. im like a bug, the light sucks me in

Users Country Flag
    i dont have HID but i have ultra blue globes and am always getting flashed at night. i dont know if its just me but when a car with bright lights is coming down the road i cant help but look at the lights and blind myself haha.
    Im going to eventually get HID even tho i probs dont need them but they will look better
    2.0 mk4 golf (SOLD)
    mk1 76 4door ( long project)

Driving in front of you is the worst Sam. Blinding light shining in all my mirrors lol.
    Wish my lights were that bright!

Users Country Flag
    yeah thats what you get for being faster then me all the time simon your lights can be that bright they are just a set of ultra blues worth bout $65 from auto one, i never have to use high beam anymore i cant see any better . i want HID tho they look heaps better.
    2.0 mk4 golf (SOLD)
    mk1 76 4door ( long project)

On the topic of headlights, I'm currently looking around for new headlight units and I'm steering towards the angel eye projector lights, can anyone give me any pros/cons about these from experience?
    Cheers.

can be dodgy quality pending brand and where they come from
    make sure to suit RHD as well...

so just to be clear, i can't fit these euro spec OEM xenons? (lets assume that i can get them)

vw bora xenon scheinwerfer | eBay

Quote Originally Posted by poshbum View Post
    so just to be clear, i can't fit these euro spec OEM xenons? (lets assume that i can get them)

vw bora xenon scheinwerfer | eBay
    As long as you fit the headlight washing system and the automatic levelling as well.
    PM if you are looking for: R32 rear sway bar; R32 suspension springs; Euro Headlight switches

hmm, what about if I just fit normal bulbs into the projector housing? I'm really just after the looks, not the functionality of the lights. I would still need to adjust the level to suit RHD right? but don't need the washers

If you get a LHD (i.e. "right hand traffic") Xenon light housing, you cannot get the correct cutoff if you fit them to RHD car.

All you can do is flatten the light pattern..so instead of this _____/ pattern , you can only change it to _______ .

You can't get the correct RHD pattern like this: \_____ .

The factory Xenons only have provision to remove the cutoff if you are driving on the other side of road in another country as a temporary measure.
    PM if you are looking for: R32 rear sway bar; R32 suspension springs; Euro Headlight switches

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast