Support VWWC

Page 883 of 883 FirstFirst ... 383783833873881882883
Results 8,821 to 8,828 of 8828

Thread: What have you done to your mk4 (golf/bora) today?

Users Country Flag

Took off rear bumper V6 Bora 2003

Took rear bumper off to empty the sunroof water drain hose nipple - glad I did. Take out the tail lights, few screws and slide off.What have you done to your mk4 (golf/bora) today?-rear-bumper-jpgWhat have you done to your mk4 (golf/bora) today?-20191022_sunroof-rear-nipple-jpg

In process found 2 air vents on the driver's side, with an unconnected plug behind them. Any ideas what this plug is for?What have you done to your mk4 (golf/bora) today?-20191022_air-vent-plug-jpg

That is the prewired plug to install a 12V power socket in the boot.

Did those two rectangular holes have the covers over them?!?

Supposed to have a plastic frame with some one-way flaps in them to vent the interior.
    Last edited by graeme86; 23-10-2019 at 02:14 AM.
    PM if you are looking for: R32 rear sway bar; R32 suspension springs; Euro Headlight switches

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by arek_p View Post
    Took rear bumper off to empty the sunroof water drain hose nipple - glad I did. Take out the tail lights, few screws and slide off.What have you done to your mk4 (golf/bora) today?-rear-bumper-jpgWhat have you done to your mk4 (golf/bora) today?-20191022_sunroof-rear-nipple-jpg

In process found 2 air vents on the driver's side, with an unconnected plug behind them. Any ideas what this plug is for?What have you done to your mk4 (golf/bora) today?-20191022_air-vent-plug-jpg
    What do you exactly do to empty the sunroof drain hole? This is something I have never done but interested...

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    For the fronts I normally place a peg on the nipple to open it up and flush it with hot by opening the sunroof and tipping it into the channel. I've also fed either piano wire or grass trimmer cord down the drainage points to help clear any tough blockages. Need to be gentle though as you can disconnect the drain pipes in the pillars from the drain hole in the sunroof. Use thin trimmer cord.

Never had to do the rears but I imagine it's the same. You could probably even cut a small portion of the nipple off so it flows better.

Users Country Flag
    Great info Graeme!

Why VW wouldn't just go that tiny bit further and install the socket as well is beyond me.
    2004 VW Bora 4motion | 3.2 Swapped - R32 Trimmings | BBS CH | Forever fixing this bitch

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by graeme86 View Post
    That is the prewired plug to install a 12V power socket in the boot.

Did those two rectangular holes have the covers over them?!?

Supposed to have a plastic frame with some one-way flaps in them to vent the interior.
    Yes they did Graeme. I took them out to clean. Thanks for info, might install power socket.

Is it always for power? I found the plug unused in my wags and slapped the socket from the bora in. I left my phone to charge on the boot (as I did in my bora) and came back tothe car with the lights turning on and off by themselves...

Users Country Flag

On weekend replaced the ignition coils and dog bone. Was going to do the oil filter, but didn't have a 26mm socket - next time.
    What have you done to your mk4 (golf/bora) today?-20190002-jpg

Page 883 of 883 FirstFirst ... 383783833873881882883