Page 880 of 883 FirstFirst ... 380780830870878879880881882 ... LastLast
Results 8,791 to 8,800 of 8828

Thread: What have you done to your mk4 (golf/bora) today?

Users Country Flag

R32 bushes. They are solid rubber. Find a mechanic if you don't have access to a press or vice

Users Country Flag
    something like this?
    https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-parts/polyurethane-bushing-kit-front-control-arms/ecsttr32cabk/

Users Country Flag

Users Country Flag
    Bought a whole lot of parts on buycarparts.co.uk

My next big job will be replacing all the cylinder head gaskets because my sparkplugs are swimming in oil.

Not a lot of videos for 2.8L V6 BDE engine intake manifold removal, but I am slowly mustering up the courage.

Finally found a reasonably priced & working drivers door lock mechanism. No more micro switch problems and my ‘factory’ cobra remote central is back up and running.

Users Country Flag
    Well boys, I was suffering from juddering on take off and my gear box shifts were terrible.

I was sceptical that my engine mounts were the problem. As the doggone mount were 034 Motorsport higher density rubber mounts with around 70k usage, and my engine mounts were Meyle oem replacements with 30k usage.

I decided to have my dog bone bushes replaced with super pro 85 poly bushes. ($60)

Well either the 034 Motorsport rubber is substandard or the mechanic tricked me by not installing them at all because after I drove the car with the super pro dogbone bushes, I can't get over how good the car drives now!

It feels like I've had my gear box replaced. If anything the handling of my car has improved. As crazy as it sounds, I think before hand the engine was allowed to throw around it's weight by moving with the whipped mounts.

NVH is acceptable. I was reading threads saying it was unbearable. At idle I can feel the vibrations through the steering, but for me it's acceptable.

The only problem now is the Meyle mounts can't keep up with the stiffness of the dogbone mount. So I have ordered some new engine mounts from Vibra Technics. They are expensive but honestly I can't wait to install them.

If your still on rubber dogbone mounts do yourself a favor and change to poly. They start at 70 durometer and then go 85 and 90.

BTW I didn't change the small circular bush, that remains as rubber as recommended by a number of threads for NVH reasons.

Users Country Flag

New rotors & pads all round

7 hours to do all 4 corners including clean up on my V6 Bora. First time that I've anything like this. Bosch at front and Febi-Bilstein at rear. Just followed youtube videos (front & rear) and all's well!

Haven't mustered up courage for cylinder head gaskets....

What have you done to your mk4 (golf/bora) today?-img_1285-jpg

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by arek_p View Post
    7 hours to do all 4 corners including clean up on my V6 Bora. First time that I've anything like this. Bosch at front and Febi-Bilstein at rear. Just followed youtube videos (front & rear) and all's well!

Haven't mustered up courage for cylinder head gaskets....

What have you done to your mk4 (golf/bora) today?-img_1285-jpg
    Did you have to cycle the ABS pump to bleed the air out?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by beale187 View Post
    Did you have to cycle the ABS pump to bleed the air out?
    no need, see the video links I included

Users Country Flag

More parts, more orange What have you done to your mk4 (golf/bora) today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 880 of 883 FirstFirst ... 380780830870878879880881882 ... LastLast