Page 750 of 883 FirstFirst ... 250650700740748749750751752760800850 ... LastLast
Results 7,491 to 7,500 of 8828

Thread: What have you done to your mk4 (golf/bora) today?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dylan8 View Post
    ooo yeah, we got moved on before business took off (if there was any?)
    Wooo is gone. but think the jetta is all sorted and back on the road tomorrow or monday haha.
    That 3 day turn around
    Haha naughty naughty! I could hear/smell something last night and earlier in the week too so there must have been.

That's good to hear that the Jetta is all good. I might see you guys tonight for a little

Users Country Flag
    Changed the transmission oil on my v5 auto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2004 VW Bora v5 Auto

Hairy_mic' custom audio build http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/foru...ent-85117.html

Got my ABT V1s back and picked up some 205/40/18s today for some other wheels iv had laying around.
    Not sure which set I want to proceed with first.

Someone gave the bora a bit a of a tap in the front, was one of 4 cars I was parked behind on thursday at school or work (2 of which were VWs) so will be sussing them out when I see them again.
    lucky my number plate and holder seemed to take most of it, bit of a scuff above the plate and below the grill but think its just clear coat damage. spewing I didn't see it til the next day though

I decided to investigate a knocking sound that I've had recently coming from the front left corner. Discovered my end link was missing the bolt that connects to the control arm. I tried a few different bolts that were threading fine but they just wouldn't get tight, does this need a special kind of bolt or anything?

The bolt I'm talking about for reference.

2014 Golf GTI PP - Pure White

you should be able to get a standard bolt to suit (size wise) but a oem one would be idea.
    interesting you have metal end links, I thought that was a later model thing. unless someone replaced yours at some stage

Users Country Flag
    So today i finally got around to painting the two parts i needed to kind of finish off my interior swap! ( kinda as in ive still got this net optic to finish off pics will be posted of before and after shortly.

Users Country Flag
    What broken plastic t-pieces?

Bought these from Enzed today for a pretty penny to replace the dried out old plastic t-pieces in my cooling system. They are stainless steel so quite light.
    Started working to fit these up. Going well. I'm using aftermarket heater hoses that I'm cutting to size so the hose locations are getting rearranged. Some of the hoses touch each other a tiny bit and one touches the 'combi valve' hose so I'm going to have to fit some heat shielding to protect the plastic hose. Going to replace the front radiator hoses as well and hopefully will never have to worry about a coolant leak from ****ty old hoses again!

Also took off the doors to fit up my new speakers. To my surprise the door is nicely sealed and the speakers well seated. Nice one VAG.
    Should I bother with making MDF door pods?
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyCarMods
    I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book.

-| "Laura" - 2001 Bora 4-motion (now sold) |-

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie28 View Post
    I decided to investigate a knocking sound that I've had recently coming from the front left corner. Discovered my end link was missing the bolt that connects to the control arm. I tried a few different bolts that were threading fine but they just wouldn't get tight, does this need a special kind of bolt or anything?

If you're having issues replacing that bolt, just take the one from the other side out and visit a bolt shop. They'll be able to get you two bolts to the same specs no worries.
    Mk3.Mk4.Mk1
    My Mk1 Project

Quote Originally Posted by madglf3 View Post
    If you're having issues replacing that bolt, just take the one from the other side out and visit a bolt shop. They'll be able to get you two bolts to the same specs no worries.
    Yeah definitely thinking I'm going to have to do that, will have another go today
    2014 Golf GTI PP - Pure White

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie28 View Post

The thread is probably damaged due to the stresses as the bolt got further and further out.
    Same thing happened to me a while ago, I had to get a helicoil inserted.
    MK4 GTI - Sold
    MK5 Jetta Turbo - Sold
    MK5 Jetta 2.Slow - Until it dies.

Page 750 of 883 FirstFirst ... 250650700740748749750751752760800850 ... LastLast