Support VWWC

Page 501 of 883 FirstFirst ... 401451491499500501502503511551601 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,010 of 8828

Thread: What have you done to your mk4 (golf/bora) today?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Back Door Shenanigans. View Post
    Finally after 38 days got my headlights and tails and steering wheel (For racing sim) from Fk
    That box got mangled, I would be so worried if I saw that after waiting 38 days lol.

How much did all the lights set you back? If you don't mind me asking. Also I reckon you should do some sort of install thread.
    Dan!

v5 Bora/Indigo Blue/Remus sports exhaust/JOM coilovers/Lots of DIY bits and Pieces/

also want to see some pics once u get it all set up bro
    '01 Saab 9-3 S
    past rides: '01 Bora 4motion, '03 Golf Sport 2slow, '92 Ford Laser GL wagon (caught on fire)

Slowly installed new tie-rods, front lower control arm bushings and rear adjustable control arms over the last couple of weeks, with the help of some good mates. She's down getting a wheel alignment at the moment. Can't wait to get her back, will feel like a new car!

I might be posting in this thread a lot soon!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackfa View Post
    Central locking on my golf has gone When locking from drivers side it only locks the drivers door. Think I'll leave it, reading up it seems like a real hassle to fix mkiv door locks and the passenger sides central locking works fine.
    I think I fixed my passenger door on the weekend. Drivers door was ok but passenger side would only lock or unlock itself.
    I have pulled out the lock before and checked all the solders etc but found nothing.

I started to believe that the problem was the micro switch that indicates the door is open or not.
    When a door is open it will only lock/unlock itself.

After reading lots of threads I found people were getting new micro switches from radio shack and retrofitting them.
    Someone else had solved their problem by simply cleaning the microswitch !

I did this - used about 1/2 a can of brake cleaner, it was running out the bottom of the door - Yes the car smells

This mammoth thread has lots of info and detailed pics of the locks,
    VWVortex.com - MKIV door locks explained - why you're having problems!!!

And this thread gets to the point very quickly on page 2
    Stupid door Switch!! $3 Fix!!! - Page 2 - TDIClub Forums

Seriously get some contact cleaner and give it a go before pulling apart the whole door.
    MK4 GTI - Sold
    MK5 Jetta Turbo - Sold
    MK5 Jetta 2.Slow - Until it dies.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Boy View Post
    Hell yeah, what are you getting
    The daily
    White 2001 Mk4 GTI
    GIAC stage 1 - ECS stage 1 clutch & 14lbs Flywheel - 42Draft/Remus Exhaust - APR R1 dv - N75J - K&N

Quote Originally Posted by Brisbane's Bora View Post
    That box got mangled, I would be so worried if I saw that after waiting 38 days lol.

How much did all the lights set you back? If you don't mind me asking. Also I reckon you should do some sort of install thread.
    Oh i wasn't too happy i can tell you that. All thought everything was fine so not too bad. Think it must have been shipped. Set me back about $300? i think, ill get a better number tonight. Yeah sure not a problem. Will most likely be in my build thread. Was thinking about making some diy's

Quote Originally Posted by JustCruisn View Post
    I think I fixed my passenger door on the weekend. Drivers door was ok but passenger side would only lock or unlock itself.
    I have pulled out the lock before and checked all the solders etc but found nothing.

I started to believe that the problem was the micro switch that indicates the door is open or not.

After reading lots of threads I found people were getting new micro switches from radio shack and retrofitting them.

I did this - used about 1/2 a can of brake cleaner, it was running out the bottom of the door - Yes the car smells

Seriously get some contact cleaner and give it a go before pulling apart the whole door.
    Mine carked it as well. Managed to fix it using a mix between a new and old switch in the end as the new one was too big. Turned out to be the plunger ruined though.

Quote Originally Posted by governor22 View Post
    also want to see some pics once u get it all set up bro
    Will do.

2001 Turbo! 4mo Bora 'Boring' | Carbinaro CAI | Fixing broken stuff | Sorting the Turbo Goodness! | BBS Lm's 18x8.5 | KW V2's | 4 pot Brembo's

Users Country Flag
    Wow thanks heaps mate, I'll give it a crack now since I'm sitting around bored fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by JustCruisn View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lito View Post
    installed my new fuel pump yesterday, thats a knuckle scraping job! things are looking good to have it tuned by the end of the week!
    What fuel pump?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
    Audi A3 1.8 T
    aiming for 200kw atw
    http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/foru...-8t-71747.html

Quote Originally Posted by Water Boy View Post
    lol. thought id never see the day!

Page 501 of 883 FirstFirst ... 401451491499500501502503511551601 ... LastLast