Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Thread: WA: Back doors 'Boring'

How's it all going dude?
    '03 BMP MkIV Golf GTI | Oettinger tune | K04 | 18" OZ
    '04 BMP MkIV R32 #144
    search getnew
    ozaudi | ozvolks | opelaus | ecca

Wow. Epic thread. Is your car alive again?

Edit: ahh guess not just found your EOI turbo parts thread. Good luck.
    Last edited by BoraBora; 14-04-2017 at 05:16 PM.

Ok,

So it seems about time that i did an update on the car. Can't believe how long ago i updated this thread . Unfortunately it looks like a combination of being over the failure and my phone being crap means there is not much photos sorry. It also happened so long ago i must have forgotten a lot of the pain.

Last time i posted was when i was getting the gearbox rebuilt. Before sending it off i had to upgrade a few internals.
    Old Final Drive with rivets

Rivets drilled out

Ring gear off

Bastard rivots really didnt want to come out.

Using my grandfathers old bench vise the wrong way leads to missary.

More rebuild **** and rivets for the diff, used two packs in the end after some of the threads screwed up when inserting them (probably to do with poor workmanship :S)

I took the opportunity to do some shift fork upgrades whilst i was here. Shift fork with rivet

Rivet drilled (different shift fork i know, not sure what happens with the photos here)

Tapping hole

Stainless steel hex head put in M8 i think

Joined back

Bolt welded up using TIG, was a lot easier than expected.

Bolt heads ground near flat for clearances.

Also noticed the shift selector was broken, and so was the one with the diesel gears, So had to get a third tower shipped to sort it out, sigh.

2001 Turbo! 4mo Bora 'Boring' | Carbinaro CAI | Fixing broken stuff | Sorting the Turbo Goodness! | BBS Lm's 18x8.5 | KW V2's | 4 pot Brembo's

The guys i took it too in Belmont did an awesome job getting it back together with the new diesel gear ratio that theoretically mean the bora can now do 360km/h They even painted it, not bad for $800!

Also cleaned up a few other parts like cv joints etc.

New Bearings

New engine mounts

Audi TT cast a arms

I managed to get it all back together for some dyno time. Was a little dissapointed with its power for the boost but still not too bad, ended up leaking all over the place which they weren't too happy about Can anyone pick where boost

Then it turned bad. This was a nightmare that started around may last year i think...ended in september or so. Allthough in the end im just glad he ended up paying, thought it was going to go to court.

2001 Turbo! 4mo Bora 'Boring' | Carbinaro CAI | Fixing broken stuff | Sorting the Turbo Goodness! | BBS Lm's 18x8.5 | KW V2's | 4 pot Brembo's

Then it got even worse....props to those who see whats wrong on the first picture

Another tow truck, shes up to 4 roadside pickups now....

Haven't got much photo of some of the stuff unfortunatley.
    Big hole in the down pipe

Patched,

Welded with a new O2 bung for wideband

Trophy pieces now.

Looks like a bolts come loose on the driveshaft coupling allowing it to detach but still spind from the rear wheels taking out everything in its way.

Sorry need to take some photos of the failure but you can see below when it repeats itself....

I eventually patched it up in between it going to the panel beaters to get fixed so it can drive again. Had to figure out why clutch stopped working as they couldn't move it..freaken line had come out.

Back together with original tails in...still unsure on where to go with the tail lights as i can't easily find the ones i had.

Then its just turn to crap...when a simple moving a car to going round the block to hating the car all over agian...

Downpipe carnage agian same spot ironaically

Busted open steering rack it was leaking everywhere (hence the stains on the road for 500m back). I've since torn it down to determine whether or not i can still use the R32's quicker ratio in my old steering rack...answer is yes luckily not even too much of a pain. Just need to order the seal kit.

Various peices of rack and suspension (i'm very messy at the moment specially with the bike and BMW work aswell)

Driveshaft bushing damage. similar on both.

Driveshaft couplings. First one on left second on right. Both look shockingly the same. Both had no bolts broken..i.e they backed out even tho i torqued and locktited the latest one.

Hubs are also screwed even tho i just put new bearings on them...

Cv boots still spraying grease everywhere. Ordered some OEM clamps to stop that

And i think thats about it for now. I think i've missed quite a bit tho. Will post later with future plans and works and try and keep this going.

Sorry to hear of all the dramas. Seems you have about as much luck as I do haha.

What tune were you running again?

Quote Originally Posted by trickysimon View Post
    Sorry to hear of all the dramas. Seems you have about as much luck as I do haha.

What tune were you running again?
    Thanks Simon, Must be something about turbo boras haha. Although that been said nothing of VW fault has broken yet....

Current Tune is from stealth racing as i was very limited due to the coil pack design. I'm thinking of doing my own tuning soon with a wide band o2...what could possibly go wrong?

Here's how the car is sitting now, kinda on the piss

And the bottom side completely gutted.

sad to see it came to this
    Last time we spoke was just after you'd got run into at the back
    '03 BMP MkIV Golf GTI | Oettinger tune | K04 | 18" OZ
    '04 BMP MkIV R32 #144
    search getnew
    ozaudi | ozvolks | opelaus | ecca

Users Country Flag

Saw your post on facebook.

How about updating this thread.

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast