Support VWWC

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: WA: Back doors 'Boring'

Quote Originally Posted by funkymonkey View Post
    haha fair enough. That's the reason I ended up with a lotta stuff I didn't really need (like beetle headrests).

Do you have a hood notch to fill in where the badge was or are you doing what I'm doing and holding out to get the boser extension and do it all in one hit?

My speedtech was such a waste of freight... the item weight was 2kg and I paid for 13kg volumetric weight. Should've thought ahead and ordered about 5 of em Plus NAMotorsports refused to send internationally so had to ship it to a mate in the US then over here.
    Haha Part of the fun tho.

Um ECS kinda stuffed up and didn't send one so i'm waiting till they have stock then they will send that through, But at the same time i am planning on doing what you said and putting on the boser extension so the filler notch will only be bolted on.

Oh nice you all-ready have yours? Hmm that could be a problem i didn't think of that haha.

2001 Turbo! 4mo Bora 'Boring' | Carbinaro CAI | Fixing broken stuff | Sorting the Turbo Goodness! | BBS Lm's 18x8.5 | KW V2's | 4 pot Brembo's

Users Country Flag
    Yeah watch out for that, shipping cost me more than the extension. Not sure if the Golf one fits the Bora, but if it does I have a spare metal Golf notch filler you can have that came with my FK badgeless grille.
    Golf MK4 Daily, Nissan Skyline R32 Weekender, Nissan Cefiro A31 Family, Nissan 200SX S14 Racecar
    :: MK4 Golf GLE 2.0l 8v Build Thread ::

So today was another day spent on the car. Luckily it was a cheap day.

Found the vacuum leak Fixes the problem but no auto one had any vacuum hoses . So for now its heatshrinked.

Cleaned the Throttle body, PCV valve and SAI valve
    All out

Dirty Throttle body:

Clean:

Dirty paper
    Last edited by Back Door Shenanigans.; 18-11-2010 at 12:15 AM.

2001 Turbo! 4mo Bora 'Boring' | Carbinaro CAI | Fixing broken stuff | Sorting the Turbo Goodness! | BBS Lm's 18x8.5 | KW V2's | 4 pot Brembo's

PCV Valve Dirty:

Clean:

SAI Valve:

Cant get a decent shot of the dirty inside.

Oh and parts i got yesterday for free Crack pipe and r32 rear sway bar

Fixed vacuum leak by replacing the lines with generic fuel lines. Had a bit of trouble getting it over some of the barbs. Ended up fixing that section but broke the hard plastic down the line so got another vacuum leak to fix. Also changed the fuel lines over. Installed fire extinguisher and opened up door yet again to look at the door module. Found the problem turns out the 4th micro-switch. Managed to fix it but turns out something else has broken and now my door wont lock. So have to fix that soon. Also going to replace the stupid plastic mounts with nuts and washers. Saved about $200 that way so im happy

Vacuum leak.

Old Pipes

Almost ready pipes without clamps.

Fire extinguisher mounted

Door lock module pictures:

Fixed Vacuum leak finally. Now idles well. Also finally managed to fix the door module, it turns out it was the dreaded 4th micro switch and not the corrosion. Replaced the plunger with a little bit of rusted nail and wolah it works again. Light comes on tell me when lights are on and all is good again. Also cleaned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Back Door Shenanigans. View Post
    Fixed Vacuum leak finally. Now idles well. Also finally managed to fix the door module, it turns out it was the dreaded 4th micro switch and not the corrosion. Replaced the plunger with a little bit of rusted nail and wolah it works again. Light comes on tell me when lights are on and all is good again. Also cleaned it.
    Well that buggered up again. Finally managed to get that fixed with a replacement switch by using its parts.

Got some tint put on the car. 38% but **** does it make some difference.

Old

Got some new tyres put on the car. Bridgestone adrenalines. Much better than the bold old tyres on there

Installed some new headlights which whilst not worse weren't much better either

Sanded, wirebrushed, primed and painted ramps.
    Before:

After:

Spent the last couple of weeks building a removable tray on wheels for my tool box. Two wheel pivot and two a stationary so i can lift it up by the handle or just push it around on the ground. Bit unhappy with the finish but eh.

Also (stupid image limit)
    Finally got my big order from ECS Tuning. Over $1500 worth of stuff haha .

Users Country Flag
    hi mate, if you want good tints done cheap let me know. the guy comes to your house and does them. He did my golf and my bmw, $200 each, 10% on the golf and 18% on the bmw. Gives you warranty and everything
    1991 BMW 318is RED E30

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by balkanac View Post
    hi mate, if you want good tints done cheap let me know. the guy comes to your house and does them. He did my golf and my bmw, $200 each, 10% on the golf and 18% on the bmw. Gives you warranty and everything
    interested in this. does he do metallic or ceramic based tints or dye based?
    Golf MK4 Daily, Nissan Skyline R32 Weekender, Nissan Cefiro A31 Family, Nissan 200SX S14 Racecar
    :: MK4 Golf GLE 2.0l 8v Build Thread ::

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast