Support VWWC

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: WA: Back doors 'Boring'

Yesterday i fixed up the door lock cylinder falling out and changed the arm rest latch with the new one.Changed Licence plate screws to stainless steel flat line torx which required some foam to keep it in place. Replaced all the boot trim clips which were broken and missing. Changed over spark plugs with new. Changed the MAF and changed the battery in my key fob. Also temp fitted the fire extinguisher which turned out to be useless

Old and new MAF

Old and new Sparks

Today:Had a 'fun' day messing around with the car today. Glued Stupid boot lights in the boot. Spent an hour figuring out how to drain the coolant. Changed the old coolant tank out. Old one was so yellow and so much gunk in it. Changed the temp sensor which was pointless as it was all ready the green type. Changed the vehicle speed sensor which was a pain in the ass. Tried to restore the headlights again. Went to change the oxygen sensor only to realize that i ordered the wrong one. Stupid idiot i was somehow changed pre with post. So i ordered the rear when i needed the front. So if anyone needs an oxygen sensor. Also finished off toe hook.

Coolant tank:
    Old and new

Gunk

In position

Old and new coolant sensor

Vehicle speed sensor old and new

Removed airbox to get better access.

Bag O coolant

Toe Hook

2001 Turbo! 4mo Bora 'Boring' | Carbinaro CAI | Fixing broken stuff | Sorting the Turbo Goodness! | BBS Lm's 18x8.5 | KW V2's | 4 pot Brembo's

Users Country Flag
    looks like you really like your car. I wish i felt like that with my car
    Good job mate!!
    1991 BMW 318is RED E30

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by balkanac View Post
    Good job mate!!
    umm, you have an R32... so if you don't love your car the way he loves is, i'll have your's (and his) if that makes sense

I love that Back Door is doing this, i love my Borry just as much and am heading out to give him a new skin now (wax, not paint).
    MY02 Bora V6 4Mo|Matte Black plastidip|VTDA|R32 Exhaust|R32 dampers and springs|TT pedals|R32 steering wheel|17" 8L S3 rims|R32 sways|Blue Haldex|EBC reds

Users Country Flag
    i've had it for the last 4 years, and after that time it just becomes another car, especially after driving an E36 M3
    1991 BMW 318is RED E30

Users Country Flag
    OT - but E36 or E46? to me, a big difference i think.
    MY02 Bora V6 4Mo|Matte Black plastidip|VTDA|R32 Exhaust|R32 dampers and springs|TT pedals|R32 steering wheel|17" 8L S3 rims|R32 sways|Blue Haldex|EBC reds

Quote Originally Posted by balkanac View Post
    Good job mate!!
    Ha ha thanks. I would do a lot more to it if i actually had the funding. Getting into a better paying job and no uni is going to help now. Did you end up selling the r32? Also you lucky bastard which i could say i've driven a M3

Quote Originally Posted by Dyldo View Post
    umm, you have an R32... so if you don't love your car the way he loves is, i'll have your's (and his) if that makes sense

I love that Back Door is doing this, i love my Borry just as much and am heading out to give him a new skin now (wax, not paint).
    Thanks heh. Thats one thing i need to learn to do sometime is how to give it a full detail with clay bar and wax and polish and all that. All thought it probably needs to be resprayed first but then funds comes into it again.

2001 Turbo! 4mo Bora 'Boring' | Carbinaro CAI | Fixing broken stuff | Sorting the Turbo Goodness! | BBS Lm's 18x8.5 | KW V2's | 4 pot Brembo's

Looking good mate.
    All those little things make such a difference, cant wait to see you get into the bigger stuff (turbos, wheels, suspension etc)
    Not sure if i missed it, but did you alter your grill to make your toe point fit?? Mine hit on part of it, so the grille had to be removed..

Users Country Flag
    I'm still puzzled about why you ordered torx screwdrivers from the US instead of picking up a kinchrome or sidchrome set locally

other than that.... nice haul and nice work.
    Golf MK4 Daily, Nissan Skyline R32 Weekender, Nissan Cefiro A31 Family, Nissan 200SX S14 Racecar
    :: MK4 Golf GLE 2.0l 8v Build Thread ::

Quote Originally Posted by dylan8 View Post
    Looking good mate.
    All those little things make such a difference, cant wait to see you get into the bigger stuff (turbos, wheels, suspension etc)
    Not sure if i missed it, but did you alter your grill to make your toe point fit?? Mine hit on part of it, so the grille had to be removed..
    Cheers. Yeah cant wait either. Really want to start getting it ready for all that. Yeah i had to cut the middle vertical support out just between the two horizontal slats. Was this for your fog lights? I was thinking of getting some.

Quote Originally Posted by funkymonkey View Post
    I'm still puzzled about why you ordered torx screwdrivers from the US instead of picking up a kinchrome or sidchrome set locally

other than that.... nice haul and nice work.
    Cause 1. I'm a lazy idiot that didn't realize that they had them heh. 2. I was all ready ordering a bunch of stuff and it was only like $10 or so so couldn't complain.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Back Door Shenanigans. View Post
    Cause 1. I'm a lazy idiot that didn't realize that they had them heh. 2. I was all ready ordering a bunch of stuff and it was only like $10 or so so couldn't complain.
    haha fair enough. That's the reason I ended up with a lotta stuff I didn't really need (like beetle headrests).

Do you have a hood notch to fill in where the badge was or are you doing what I'm doing and holding out to get the boser extension and do it all in one hit?

My speedtech was such a waste of freight... the item weight was 2kg and I paid for 13kg volumetric weight. Should've thought ahead and ordered about 5 of em Plus NAMotorsports refused to send internationally so had to ship it to a mate in the US then over here.
    Golf MK4 Daily, Nissan Skyline R32 Weekender, Nissan Cefiro A31 Family, Nissan 200SX S14 Racecar
    :: MK4 Golf GLE 2.0l 8v Build Thread ::

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast