Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VWwA Used Car Guides (Type 1J) Bora 1999-2005

I'm fairly sure after 2002 they came with 3 buttons on the remote instead of the two found on pre 2001. I'm also pissed off at it because it would make the window roll up down mod so much awesomer with one button closing all windows and locking

2001 Turbo! 4mo Bora 'Boring' | Carbinaro CAI | Fixing broken stuff | Sorting the Turbo Goodness! | BBS Lm's 18x8.5 | KW V2's | 4 pot Brembo's

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Back Door Shenanigans. View Post
    I'm fairly sure after 2002 they came with 3 buttons on the remote instead of the two found on pre 2001. I'm also pissed off at it because it would make the window roll up down mod so much awesomer with one button closing all windows and locking
    My 2003 model didn't come with a three-button remote. I know of at least two other 2003 model cars that didn't either, so I don't think this was part of the 2002.5 update.
    Nothing to see here...

Quote Originally Posted by dylan8 View Post
    hey? i cant do this! did you get a different remote/set up
    I have a 2-key fob. Its an option in the Comfort Control Module. h100vw kindly made the change for me. One click unlocks passenger door, 2 clicks is supposed to unlock all doors, but sometimes I need to press it again to get the boot. I think it depends on the timing of the second click....dunno its weird. I like it this way for security, even if the boot is a little annoying sometimes.

Reminds me...forgot the remote window mod I've done too. I'll add that now
    2004 V5 Bora ~ Eibach Pro + Bilstein B8 ~ Tyrol Brake Upgrade
    MY15 Golf Wagon Comfortline

Hey guys I was just wondering if there were any updates made for the 2001 model? Because I've got my 2000 2.0 bora insured for a lot (I'm a p-plater) and can get a 4-motion insured for less than my car??? Could you guys maybe help me with why because I'm kinda confused...
    2014 Golf GTI PP - Pure White

have heard of that before. cheaper to insure and mkv r32 then it is a 2lt jetta, same company, same people getting the insurance.
    Not many changes between the models, a/c controls, headrests, tail lights, just minor pointless things.

so annoyed just wish i had a bit more money and then id consider seling mine and buying a 4-motion which has just gone up on carsales near me... and i dont think the parents would be keen on lending me any more money... although i could pull the safety of awd card

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie28 View Post
    s... although i could pull the safety of awd card
    good idea, do it!

if only theyd fall for it... o well i can always dream

Quote Originally Posted by dylan8 View Post
    hey? i cant do this! did you get a different remote/set up
    did you know you can close the sunroof when you lock the car using key ? Sunroof has to be in tilt though, not fully open. And I don't think you can open it....

might have another play around tonight
    '01 Saab 9-3 S
    past rides: '01 Bora 4motion, '03 Golf Sport 2slow, '92 Ford Laser GL wagon (caught on fire)

Users Country Flag

Does the K&N filter make much of a difference? and is it worth getting?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast