Support VWWC

Thread: VW Bora Head Unit

Users Country Flag

Cool VW Bora Head Unit

Sup,

I just recently bought a VW Bora V5 2002 and i was wondering what type of head unit to buy? I'm looking more into the Double din head units but im not sure which one produces quality sound with the OEM speakers, and when i mean quality i mean im young and love bass haha

any suggestions will do

Users Country Flag
    I bought a Pioneer FH-P6050UB off ebay - it sounds great.
    The big knob is in just the right place when your hand is on the gearstick.
    It has an equalizer to get the sound just right for the standard speakers.
    But I still installed some subs...

I find OEM speakers in Euro cars to be better than your standard ones from JB Hi Fi, and better than most of the highly recommended ones. (I used to work at JB back in the day.) Most aftermarket head units will provide decent sound for the normal consumer.

If you want bass you're gonna have to install a sub. Although I'm now satisfied with the bass from my Bora's speakers even after my old E30 had dual subbies taking up the whole boot. Maybe I'm just getting old...

BTW I've got a JVC KD-AVX77 which outputs better sound volume and quality and stock. It's a bit ugly as it's slightly shinier than the rest of my console and only single DIN, but allowed me to put a little shelf above it as the cupholders would block the upper half anyway.
    Last edited by kapowww; 12-06-2012 at 09:38 AM.
    VW Bora V6 4motion

Users Country Flag
    Speakers were my first upgrade on my old 2L Bora, ahh being young... Two things I found;

1. The stock door speakers and tweeters are just as good as any aftermarket stuff under $150
    2. Double-din headunits still don't quite fit cause VW always does stuff to their own measurements

I have a cheapish ($300) double-din headunit from sony that is perfect for me and its all the Audio upgrading I think ill ever do.

Oh and you might need one of these VW Polo Double Din Stereo Surround Fitting Kit | eBay That fits the Bora as well
    Dan!

v5 Bora/Indigo Blue/Remus sports exhaust/JOM coilovers/Lots of DIY bits and Pieces/

standard deck i have the pocket/shelf just above it perfect fitment for the iphone and wallet.
    And for back massage 15" square kicker sounds mean.
    for your deck try and get one with bluetooth i highly recommend it.

Double din looks way cleaner imo. Ive got a Pioneer AVIC F310bt i wanna get rid off. AVIC-F310BT (Archived) - Pioneer Australia. Pm me if your interested.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    How much are we looking at for the AVIC F310bt??

Users Country Flag
    highly recommend clarion source units. best unit for the price bracket, bar none. Step up another notch and go alpine. I personally dont think its a big step for the price hike though.
    '02 GTI (clicky) - REFLEX SILVER - VIEZU race tune. VAR design 2.5inch stainless steel dump pipe with 100cell cat into 2.5" billyboat stainless cat back, Forge TIP, N75, Audi DV, ghetto CAI, FK-AK s coilovers, tunerdone LEDs, Clarion CZ301E sound stage.

275 plus postage? Only problem with it is i dont have the cable to enable the gps. Works perfect other then that