Thread: VR6 4 Motion Track Project

Users Country Flag

VR6 4 Motion Track Project

As the title states I've recently acquired a Vr6 4motion with a 6speed. The sole purpose of this car will be for driving events, it is currently unregistered in QLD so I will be registering it first and then modifying extensively for track use.
    It's in very nice shape besides a 100% worn clutch and likely a dud flywheel. I will be sourcing these stateside I guess? When we do the clutch job the work will be posted in this thread.

Car already has some brake work, nice wheels and tyres and konis.

If anyone has any suggestion on where to source the Heavy duty clutch and flywheel please throw them up here.

Cheers

VR6 4 Motion Track Project-img_8948-jpgVR6 4 Motion Track Project-img_9011-jpgVR6 4 Motion Track Project-img_8949-jpgVR6 4 Motion Track Project-img_9010-jpg

Users Country Flag
    Sounds juicy, will be watching this space
    2004 VW Bora 4motion | 3.2 Swapped - R32 Trimmings | BBS CH | Forever fixing this bitch

Don’t be afraid to go as light as possible with the flywheel choice.

Obviously suspension stuff is the most beneficial/economically viable area to focus on as they are slow and will never be any quick. Aim at BC’s or similar, they have much more suited spring rates than FK’s etc.

Strip all the weight out (obviously) get a tight racing seat.

Don’t worry about R32 brakes, go straight to wilwoods/brembo’s etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    I got my south bend clutch from USP Motorsports; it was the best price at the time even after shipping and exchange rate...

OEM & Aftermarket Performance Parts for BMW, Audi, Volkswagen, Porsche

Users Country Flag

It is possible to get them to handle and stop .....
    The issue is getting them to go !!!
    Zero local support and anything that you source from o/s will be expensive and offer very very poor value for money when you calculate what you’ve spent and the gains made ....
    ive spent plenty on mine and have tracked it .... They are too heavy and we’re never designed as a performance orientated chassis.
    You need Audi TT or R32 complete front suspension, fully rose jointed rear arms and a competition Haldex controller at a minimum....
    You still won’t have any power .... Cams are available but there’s no one that can tune the ecu to make the most of them.
    You can get an R32 engine .... there’s posts on how to swap those in but for a track car the gains aren’t worth the $$$

I’m happy to pass on info on what I’ve learned and I’ve spent $$$ on suspension upgrades and settings - professionaly corner weighted with shocks set up on a suspension dyno, spring rates, camber and castor settings, brake pad materials.... etc etc

would i I do it again ??
    No.

I also have a Jap turbo 4wd for which there’s endless parts, information and precedents which is light years quicker and most of all just better fun.... on a track !! And it does it reliably !!!

Bora 01 is a great car !! It’s a very capable road car that’s fun to drive .... especially down hill !!
    It was never designed to be a competition vehicle .....
    save your money !!
    just my 2c worth ..... actually my 12ks worth !!