Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: SUCCESS!: How to make a new key incl. transponder

Users Country Flag

A frequency tester will tell you if the remote is working or not. Your original remote should be a 1J0 959 753 AG which is the same as the Bora. Did you have a remote fitted to your car originally or is this what you are fitting?

Users Country Flag
    So Ive done a 1.8t conversion from a GTI and Im using the cluster/ecu/engine and ignition. Want to use the remote but cant use existing remote as wrong system to the car so changing to the bora setup for it to work. Old remote is ending in AG so I plan on using the top half to keep the actual blade but replace the bottom half with a button fob. The bora key is ending in N and both frequencies are different too. Golf 434/ bora 433
    Last edited by dubster99; 13-07-2016 at 10:54 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Looking through the site on the first page KeyMam LockSmith Shop | http://www.KeyMam.com and want to know is it crucial to order the exact same part number as my original key fob or can I buy one with the same MHZ but 3 button style?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by dubster99 View Post
    Looking through the site on the first page KeyMam LockSmith Shop | http://www.KeyMam.com and want to know is it crucial to order the exact same part number as my original key fob or can I buy one with the same MHZ but 3 button style?
    Slow reply, but if anyone is wondering, the answer is...

Yes!

You can use a key fob with a different number of buttons. Depending on your car, you might need to run an extra wire from the convenience module to pop the boot.

There's another option too, for going from a 2 button to a 3 button key fob. If you want to avoid coding a new key, you can solder another button onto the circuit board of a 2 button key fob if there is a space for it (not all circuit boards have the empty spot, check first before buying the button). Then you can replace the 2 button housing with a 3 button one. The extra button will work without any extra coding.

Here's an ebay listing for the type of 6x6x2.5mm buttons that should be suitable ($0.99USD for 30 of them):
    30pcs 6x6x2.5mm Tactile Push Button Switch Tact Switch Micro Switch 4-Pin SMD | eBay

Users Country Flag

Hey Guys,
    Just wondering which transponder will fit my car, it's a volkswagen Bora 2001 V6 4motion.
    Is it this one (T6 ID48 Transponder Chip for VW Bora)?
    All I could find was from sources in China, anyone knows where we can order this in Australia so it will be delivered sooner?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910