Thread: Sourcing wheel spacers.

Talking Sourcing wheel spacers.

Hey fellas, please excuse my VW n00bness

Can you guys give me a clue on a local source (if any) for wheel spacers to suit my '02 Bora.

It has what I think are Denvers (see pic) from a Polo?? 16'' dia. 5x100 PCD.

The car is stock height atm, planning on lowering an inch and a half, not too much as it's my daily driver.

Also any tips on what to look at to get the lows happening, as in springs or coilovers, brands and sources.

No doubt I'll have more questions as I go along this (budget conscious, lol) journey, lol.

Cheers,

Pete.

Spacers I wouldnt bother locally unless second hand.
    check out H&R, ECS, FK. those sort of websites
    Basically you want 5x100, 57.1 centre bore on the hub side, and if the spacer is bigger then say 10mm you want a wheel centric side of 57.1 too.
    if you get something design for the mk4 (bora or golf) these should be right anyway.
    Do your research as they are not legal in Australia and may void your insurance (just a heads up if you weren't aware)

Lowering more then a inch on springs id look at getting new shocks too.
    coilovers would be the way to go imo.
    if your car is FWD you will most likely need to look at the issue of the sway bar rubbing on the driveshafts.
    If AWD (4motion) you might want to look into adjustable control arms for the rear.

BTW, daily driver is no excuse to not have a slammed car

Do you happen to work along Munibung Road Pete ?. Im sure I have seen this parked near Hytech parts plus quite a few times ?.

Thanks Dylan.

Due to budget, I think I'll go for the FK 35/40 cup kit.

I'll wait 'til I get that to measure up for spacers. I reckon that'll be low enough with the 16's, which I'm going to keep. If I were 30 years younger I'd definitely think about slammin' it...

Quote Originally Posted by stotto View Post
    Do you happen to work along Munibung Road Pete ?. Im sure I have seen this parked near Hytech parts plus quite a few times ?.
    Bought it from a guy that works there.

My brother works there as well. He drives a grey TDi Golf.