Support VWWC

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Simon's 4-Motion Bora VR6

Cool Simon's 4-Motion Bora VR6

Hey guys, kinda new to this site as I've only owned an aircooled up untill now.
    Picked up my first watercooled on the weekend:
    2001 4-Motion VR6 Bora. One owner and just over 100,000kms.
    I am pleased to report that it goes like a rocket ship

Users Country Flag
    Very very nice mate. Looks like a perfect clean example of one of the best newage VWs IMO!

| MY15.5 Mk3 Octavia vRS TSI | DSG | Black Pack | H&R Springs | 18" BBS RSII |

I LOVE IT!!! Great car, lucky to have one on your P's! Welcome.

Users Country Flag
    Awesome pickup, white is such a great colour for styling!

P.S. Is that a Mk3 I see in the driveway?
    Last edited by TazzyVR6; 09-06-2010 at 10:07 AM.
    03 MkIV GTI - K04-001, APR 2.5" TBE/TIP/Software, Forge FMIC, GFB DV+, Powergasket+, Dark Tint, 17" Bora Sport, Bilstein shocks, Eibach springs, BMC CDA, Dieselgeek SS, Hella Celis, R32 Alloy Trim...
    95 MkIII VR6 (sold)

Users Country Flag
    Good stuff mate, glad you enjoy her
    I'm soo euro even my missus is shaved...

welcome to the Bora v6 4mo family..

Manaz also has a near perfect white 4mo, so its good to see another here.

Any grand plans or just happy to keep it stock for a while?
    '03 Bora V6 4motion ~ CC Flash ~ Neuspeed F&R ARB ~ .:R optioned - Bilsteins,Springs,shifter,steering ~ Tyrol Brake kit ~ EVOMS CAI

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by TazzyVR6 View Post
    Awesome pickup, white is such a great colour for styling!
    Only the second Bora V6 4Motion I've seen in white too (mine being the other). So of course, I'm all for your selection!
    Nothing to see here...

Thanks guys!
    TazzyVR6: Yep nicely spotted, that is my brothers VR6 Mk3 Golf.

goodfella: More than happy with keeping it stock at the moment. But down the track would love to stick a VF Engineering supercharger on there (I'm a bit of a speed junkie)

Manaz: Yeh it was hard to find one in white so I had to look around for a while. This one turned out perfect: same state, awesome condition and BARGAIN price!

Very nice! Love the boras in white. as Manaz said, theres not many of them in 4mo

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by trickysimon View Post
    goodfella: More than happy with keeping it stock at the moment. But down the track would love to stick a VF Engineering supercharger on there (I'm a bit of a speed junkie)
    Gimme a sec while I zip up my flamesuit.... ok, now that i have that on, if you are a speed freak I'd suggest that for outright speed and HP a turbo or Twin-turbo set-up will always beat a supercharger. Ofcourse, the difference is what you want and the way you want to drive.

As we all know, Supers are always on (mechanical) so you're on boost far quicker and have a far more usable power range, though the total power output is, on average, lower than a turbo. And therein lies the tradeoff.

I wake up one morning and want a 'charger on my Bora. Then I see that youtube video of that Black Mk4 R32 HGP twin turbo and I want one. To be honest, I'd want a well sorted Charge Bora than a turbo set up, but thats just me.

I am also of the opinion from research that a Charger Bora is cheaper than a Turbo in terms of outlay. I *think* the ECU tuning is tougher on the Boras though as they are rare in Oz.
    MY02 Bora V6 4Mo|Matte Black plastidip|VTDA|R32 Exhaust|R32 dampers and springs|TT pedals|R32 steering wheel|17" 8L S3 rims|R32 sways|Blue Haldex|EBC reds

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast